• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

How to find a Christian Sisterwife?

seekingsisterwife

Female
My husband and I am having a hard time finding a Christian sisterwife. We have been praying and searching for thirteen years. All the sites with personals either are FLDS, which we are not. If they are not FLDS, they seem to be bisexual, which is obviously not Christian. We are non denominational Christians, and do personally know others seeking like ourselves. Where does one seek the ruby from Proverbs 31 that is such a rare gem among the mines of polygyny?

This may seem counter-intuitive, but my suggestion is to quit looking. Focus on your husband's mission and purpose in the Lord. What are y'all called to do for God's kingdom? Are you doing it? "Seek ye first the kingdom", etc, etc.

God created Adam, then gave him work to do, then gave him a helper. Find the work and let God bring the helpers. Build the team around the mission and purpose.

Well, I just had it brought to my attention that this is the Ladies Only section; sorry I missed that. I would just delete my post, but instead I'm going to ask SSW whether she really wants only the ladies' input on this, and then leave it to our moderators to either delete my posts, move the thread, or just leave the whole thing where it is. I'll try to be more observant in the future....

I just moved it.
I completely agree with Andrew. If YHWH intends for this to happen, He will make it happen, in His timing and with the person He has in mind. I'm not saying not to look at all, obviously we have to have our eyes open enough to be able to see whoever He brings along. However this should not be a key focus in our lives.
And in all probability the woman He has in mind for you won't be on any polygamy-focussed website anyway as she won't even realise it is an option.
You are most likely to come to know her in real life, through a route you never expected, and at a time you were not expecting either.

The best way to find her (if YHWH even intends this for your lives) is to give up, pray, and give your entire lives to YHWH to do with as He will. Stop focussing on finding a woman, instead focus on YHWH. Find whatever His next step for you is, in any area of your life, and do that. Then ask for the next step. You'll never know the destination, just the next step, and the road you end up travelling will be both more challenging and more rewarding than anything you could have worked out for yourselves. And if she is to be in your lives, she'll be somewhere along that road.

I'm reminded of the wonderfully quirky 1986 film True Stories (not to be confused with the 1994 action flick True Lies) in which John Goodman plays Louis Fyne, a lonesome singing cowboy and computer-chip plant worker who, at one point in his quest for love, parks a sign trailer out front of his home in the fictional town of Virgil, Texas with this message:

WIFE WANTED
INQUIRE WITHIN​

sign-trailer.jpg

Regarding the forum setup, I like the ladies-only/men-only arrangement as it is. We're drawn closer together, I think, by having some rules of conduct that are enforced socially rather than mechanically. An occasional stumble is part of that and no one gets hurt.

Last edited:
Indeed, I had someone else before torahlovesalvation2. It was getting rocky and I went to Yah more determined then ever he was to guide me to my wife. Less than a week later, in prayer TLS2 and I realized his blessing over us to be married. She had been there the whole time. And she is everything that I wanted in my first wife. I know she will be a great sisterwife and help hold our home together by example. Not tare it apart.

When YHWH brought Sarah to me, I too was looking in a different direction at someone else, Sarah turned up by surprise, without me looking in the direction she came from at all.
I've often wondered if the outcome of that would have been different had I realised polygyny was an option! But the other lady is married now.

Indeed, I had someone else before torahlovesalvation2. It was getting rocky and I went to Yah more determined then ever he was to guide me to my wife. Less than a week later, in prayer TLS2 and I realized his blessing over us to be married. She had been there the whole time. And she is everything that I wanted in my first wife. I know she will be a great sisterwife and help hold our home together by example. Not tare it apart.

You are everything I ever wanted and so much more. Love you beyond measure. ;)

" Seek ye first the kingdom" "help hold our home together by example. Not tare it apart." Great foundation thoughts..

Back