• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

How to marry foreigner without marriage certificate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I generally can not pledge allegiance to a country which is often required for U.S. citizenship and citizenship in other countries

Is there any way I could marry (a) citizen(s) of another country and live in the same country as her/them without me pledging allegiance to any country or getting a marriage certificate (unless the country allows multiple marriage certificates and does not required allegiance to the country in order to become a citizen)

Marrying women born and raised in another country seems to be the best option available I know of but I do not see how to deal with the legal issues of it.

I would be ok with living in another country with them or them living with me in the U.S.

I do not want to live in the U.S. and get a marriage certificate for one woman and no marriage certificate for the other women because the one woman might divorce me and take my money.

Monogamy is not an acceptable solution

Assume that I would not write false statements on paperwork when answering the question

DiscussingTheTopic said:
Monogamy is not an acceptable solution
Mate, I think you're desperate and way overplanning everything. Let me tell you, monogamy is wonderful! I love it! :D I happen to also think polygamy might be even better, but remember every polygamist starts out as a monogamist, that's a basic fact of biology... :shock:

Just pray, and forget about analysing every single potential situation. If God wants you to be married, he'll have one or more women out there waiting for you, and He will bring them to you in His time. When He does, you can figure out what you'll do about the paperwork, where you'll live, all the little details like that. And it will all come together and make sense, because that's what God does.

You could spend hours saying "If I married a Korean what paperwork would I have", "If I married a German what paperwork would I have", and keep going through every single country in the world if you liked, then when you've finished start worrying about another detail. Or you could start taking women you know out for a coffee instead. I know which is more likely to get you a wife...

I had a flatmate from the Maldives once. Bibles are banned there, it's so heavily Islamic you aren't even allowed copies of those Scriptures the Quran says Moslems should read (the Pentateuch, Psalms and Gospels). Punishment for that is far more severe than punishment for polygamy in the West. Talk about jumping from the frying pan into the fire... Not a good option for a Christian polygamist.

DTT, it is only contact and discussions with real Christian females that will allow you to meet and recognise any wife God wishes to put into your life. Coffee is only one of many excuses for a conversation.

"Coffee is only one of many excuses to start conversations."

Which reminds me of a story... :lol: When my younger son was just nine years old, he told me that one of the little neighbor girls had invited him to walk with her to school in the mornings (safety in numbers and groups these days). I then asked him what he said to that. He replied, "I didn't. I prefer not to speak with girls. It tends to start conversations." :lol:

At 16, he will now speak with girls, but he still won't walk to school with them! :lol:

eternitee said:
Legal residents do not have to pledge allegiance, only citizens.

I might be required by the government to pledge allegiance to another country if I want to become a citizen of another country in order to stay in another country.

Seems easier and cheaper to try the coffeeshop, Carl.

eternitee said:
Legal residents do not have to pledge allegiance, only citizens.

That is exactly the problem if I want to marry a foreigner in order for her to stay in the same country as me they will probably try to force her to pledge allegiance to a non-christian government and if I try to move to her country they will probably try to get me to pledge allegiance

As I have already said, you are thinking far too much about it. When God gives you a wife, He will make it all work out, no need to stress about it.

However if you really enjoy worrying, why not try to find a country whose oath of allegiance isn't too bad and consider moving there? Here's New Zealand's to start you off, it's probably fairly similar in most other Commonwealth countries.
I (your name) swear that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Queen of New Zealand, Her heirs and successors according to the law; and that I will faithfully observe the laws of New Zealand and fulfil my duties as a New Zealand citizen. So help me God

I know most countries allow people to reside there without being a citizen or pledging allegiance to a foreign principality - especially so if they are married to a citizen of that country. UK, USA, Australia and Canada and I presume a whole bunch of other countries all have provisions for foreigners to reside there without becoming citizens.

DiscussingTheTopic said:
eternitee said:
I know most countries allow people to reside there without being a citizen or pledging allegiance to a foreign principality - especially so if they are married to a citizen of that country. UK, USA, Australia and Canada and I presume a whole bunch of other countries all have provisions for foreigners to reside there without becoming citizens.

[quote="eternitee" especially so if they are married to a citizen of that country.

Ah but marriage certificates do not work well with polygyny. My goal is not to get a marriage certificate[/quote]

I think the point is you can move to most countries without becoming a citizen and pledging alliance, also you (or a woman) CAN move to another country without having to be a citizen, as long as you (or they) can immigrate legally. One doesn't need to marry to immigrate, as long as you have a sponsor and a means of supporting yourself. Of course marriage tends to be easier so most people will just marry.

Bels

Isabella said:
DiscussingTheTopic said:
eternitee said:

[quote="eternitee" especially so if they are married to a citizen of that country.

Ah but marriage certificates do not work well with polygyny. My goal is not to get a marriage certificate

I think the point is you can move to most countries without becoming a citizen and pledging alliance, also you (or a woman) CAN move to another country without having to be a citizen, as long as you (or they) can immigrate legally. One doesn't need to marry to immigrate, as long as you have a sponsor and a means of supporting yourself. Of course marriage tends to be easier so most people will just marry.

Bels[/quote]

I think in the United States they look for either a job or a marriage or a relative as a requirement for citizenship. So they would not let a decent stay at home wife stay only a crummy working wife. Unless maybe she is a college student for several decades, etc.

DiscussingTheTopic said:
I think in the United States they look for either a job or a marriage or a relative as a requirement for citizenship. So they would not let a decent stay at home wife stay only a crummy working wife. Unless maybe she is a college student for several decades, etc.

Woah, talk about insulting every married working woman....you keep talking like that DTT, it really charms the ladies!

Yes, a woman needs either a close relative, career or marriage to a legal resident to herself get leave to stay in the US. You are entirely right. So, no stay at home wife from abroad for you unless you find someone with close relatives in the US. There is no legal way to do it.

B

My fiance had to show he had the financial means to support me and sign a form pledging to support me for at least the first 3 years I was in the USA - despite the fact that I had already arranged a transfer with my company and had a decent job to come to. They did not ask ANY details about my job - they did ask to see his paystubs. Interestingly I did not apply to come to the USA - HE applied for me to come to the USA.

they did ask to see his paystubs............................ - HE applied for me to come to the USA.
now there is a man that did his homework :)
the lack of a victim mentality is always refreshing.

Just to clarify DTT, Bels means that calling women "crummy working wives" will generally be taken very offensively and make it much more difficult for you to find any wife at all.

You don't find a "working wife" or a "stay-at-home wife". You find a WIFE. Whether she is able to stay at home or must work is really up to you - do you earn enough money to support a stay-at-home wife, or not? If you want a stay-at-home wife, get out in the world, work your butt off, earn enough money to support her, and maybe in the process of earning that money you'll actually meet her.

The fundamental problem here DTT is that you have a picture in your mind of the perfect wife you want for yourself. You see her as an object you should aquire. But she isn't an object, she is a real person, with real feelings and real needs. You need to instead be thinking "what could I do for HER", focus on setting yourself up to be a good husband, and when you are ready God will bring her along.

This conversation is going round and round in circles because DTT really isn't listening to any of the great advice that has been offered. I'll leave it open for another day or so in case anyone has any final gems of wisdom to give to our friend. Speak now or forever hold your peace... :D

The conversation is going around in circles because I am asking about legal paperwork and people are dodging the legal questions. That is how to get multiple foreign wives (without breaking any laws) without getting any marriage certificates and without them working for their lifetime or having to go to college for their lifetime etc. (by lifetime I literally mean their entire lifetime after moving to U.S. because as soon as they stop working or going to school they risk getting kicked out of the country soon) After all why would they let you in the U.S. other than for school or work. Hence I could marry career women because they can stay in U.S. without marriage certificate via work visa, but I doubt there is a stay at home mom visa for sister-wives without marriage certificates, so even if I had enough money to support many wives they could get kicked out of the country as a stay at home mom instead of an employee because stay at home moms do not get work visas. Unless you get a work visa to hire your wife (who is 18 years old or older) to be a nanny (who is 18 years old or older) but then you would be multiplying with your employee (who is 18 years old or older) which might be illegal therefor you should not do that if that is illegal and you are trying not to break the law.

Or replace the word U.S. with some other country if another country is chosen than the U.S.

Closing comments:

The only way to get someone into the country for longer than a visiting period is by either:
- Them getting a work visa, OR
- Legally marrying them.
You'll have to pick one method and use it, no-one's thought of anything better.

If they come in on a work visa, but don't intend to work for ever, once they are in the country you can pursue citizenship for them. That is a long process and will differ between countries, and brings up the swearing allegiance issue that you have a philosophical objection to. That's the law though, we can't change it.

The best way to find a wife who is able to stay in your country, is simply to meet a woman who already lives there.

If you put all the effort you're putting into figuring out some wacky way of getting a foreign woman into simply going and meeting local woman, you might already be married... Good luck.

Locking thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back