• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Howdy from Wyoming!

MeganC

Seasoned Member
Real Person*
Female
Hi, Megan here. A friend of mine recommended this site to me and here I am! I haven't been on a forum in YEARS just because the ones I was on in the past were like shark filled waters. There were almost always some people who had this mission in life to attack everyone.

After reading a few topics here it seems pretty nice. (-:

Hope to get to know you all!

- Megan

Welcome!
Zec's got it, ladies chat, tonight actually! Not sure if I'll be there, but I'll try. No sharks there I promise. The mods try to keep this place pretty focused on genuine discussion, they do a pretty good job, but I do have to say that because my hubby is one ;).
But the best thing about Biblical Families is the retreats! There you can meet up with everyone for real and the best conversations and fellowship happen there. It gives everyone a chance to see that these people are real, ya know? I haven't been able to make one, but I hear they are the best so I'd encourage you to think about attending. The main one is happening this summer, June 30th, in Tennessee.

Welcome!

Welcome Megan!
You have your work cut out for you, if you plan to get to know everyone! Some here post often, and others....not so much.

I hope you find whatever sharks may lurk here friendlyish, or have a sharkbite suit for when you surf this forum.

Welcome Megan!
If you meet any sharks, let me know! There's a good market for them over here, battered and deep fried with chips.

Thank you everyone!!! (-:

In this post I originally linked to her blog as I thought it was easier, but I think that only members can see what's on someone's profile and I made it public, so I'm editing this post to give instructions on where to find it instead.
@Verifyveritas76 , if you click on the person's name in red on the left of their post you see a small snippet of their profile. You can then click on 'profile page' to see more.

Last edited:
Just finished your blog to date. Wow, I say wow! I really enjoyed the glimpses into a poly family life. I was also much more interested in how your assembly or gathering prepared young men for married life as well as being very interested in a doctrinal statement or creed from your assembly if that is available online. It seems so much of what you mentioned offhand is very similar to a subject I've been studying for a while on first century christianity

Could you put me in contact with someone that wouldn't mind me picking their brain? Perhaps from your assembly.

No offense but I have no idea who you are and you're asking a lot.

No offense but I have no idea who you are and you're asking a lot.

Hey Megan, speaking from experience I can say when those of us who have never met any actual practitioners finally we become a little starry eyed and start acting like fan boys. This is why the retreats are so important. They can demystify this all a little bit for those of us who have never been exposed to it. Also, most of us want to live in a community of like minded people as you seem to so the curiosity is palpable. Thank you for interacting here and for being patient with some of the excitement. We actually have a lot of practitioners associated with the site but they don't post as much mostly because they're busy living the life and let's face it, there's only so many times you can say, "Yes I'm polygamous. No it's not weird" before you start feeling redundant.

Would it be rude to ask if your family is some form of Latter Day Saints? It's not all that important in the grand scheme of things, just some context. I would like to say way to go on the children! Seven is impressive at such a young age.

Back