• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

humility?

steve

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
I heard a statement yesterday that rocked my world:

"The presence of anxiety is directly proportional to the lack of humility. "

Good one.

I would have never put the two together, but when I started realizing that when I walk in true humility before YHWH I have nothing to be anxious about.
When I walk in the belief that I can fix my problems without His help, then I am obligated to fix my problems by myself. This last pointed out by a dear friend of mine.

I get it! If Christ is the head and we are the body, we're going to go awfully off kilter unless we're submitted directly under Him.

As is with the microcosm of marriage. ;)

This line from Blessed Assurance, "Perfect submission / all is at rest" has been a good reminder (smack upside the head) for times I'm getting frustrated and stressed. Usually it's because I needed to get myself realigned with my head.

I would have never put the two together, but when I started realizing that when I walk in true humility before YHWH I have nothing to be anxious about.
When I walk in the belief that I can fix my problems without His help, then I am obligated to fix my problems by myself. This last pointed out by a dear friend of mine.
What I am finding is that this phrase is serving as a quick sit-rep that leads to immediate repentance, which is always good. Add love to the casting out of fear, and we'll be golden! Way to go, Tunes!

when I walk in true humility before YHWH I have nothing to be anxious about.
When I walk in the belief that I can fix my problems without His help, then I am obligated to fix my problems by myself.
This might of been posted a little over 2 months ago but I need to be reminded of this today. Thank you Steve.

Back