• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Hurricane Milton

FollowingHim2

Women's Ministry
Staff member
Real Person
Female
I've started this thread as a place to put updates on this hurricane. Whether it be news articles, information, or just letting us know that you are safe if you're in Florida.
This hurricane is big enough that there is a live feed going on the NZ news, with videos and everything. Does Florida normally get tornadoes? Because those videos were crazy!

We do have tornadoes but not this many at one time! Thankful we haven't had any our way. We still have electricity at this posting but anticipate it going off sometime in the night. Thank you to all who are praying for us Floridians!! We are really feeling for the coastal towns. Going to try and get some sleep as the wind roars outside...and we still have AC. :-)

I know several people who were in the direct path that seem to be okay. All but one has just minor property damage, but all were prepared. The other has more significant property damage.

One, who lives on the sixth floor of a building, ended up with inches of water in their house because of the horizontal rain coming under their sliding glass door.

We do have tornadoes but not this many at one time! Thankful we haven't had any our way. We still have electricity at this posting but anticipate it going off sometime in the night. Thank you to all who are praying for us Floridians!! We are really feeling for the coastal towns. Going to try and get some sleep as the wind roars outside...and we still have AC. :-)
How is the Wilder family doing?

I thought I would do a short update, we are still without electricity but they say we should have some by Sunday. We are very thankful that weather has been cooling off at night, it would have been hot and humid if this storm had happened earlier in the summer. We are slowing dealing with minor damage and picking up of debris. I think we had enough to make a small tree in the pool after taking lots of broken limbs out of it! Over all we are doing well. Thankful for generators and lanterns!

@Daniel DeLuca they are doing okay, just got power to their place today.

We got power back on Saturday evening! Praise the Lord! Now, busy putting things back to normal and taking long showers. Thank you again for all your prayers. God is faithful to provide all we need, when we need it.

We got power back on Saturday evening! Praise the Lord! Now, busy putting things back to normal and taking long showers. Thank you again for all your prayers. God is faithful to provide all we need, when we need it.
Yay! Been praying for you all!

Back