• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Husband is growing a beard and I dont like it...

SerenaJoy82

Female
My husband is growing a beard and I just do not like it on him. Some men look great with beards, others do not. He has had a moustache for as long as I have known him and I have always found it attractive on him. Idk if I should be honest with him and tell him I do not like it on him or just let it go and hope I can get used to it.

I would say take him to a salon that has men hairdressers and let the "professionals" fix him up. Men tend to listen to the "professionals" over their own wife's opinions.

When my husband started growing a beard it was different at first and I wasn't sure if I would like it. Wasn't used to the change. However, as it grew and he found his new look by way of trim styles, ect, I grew accustomed to it to the point that now I prefer it over not having a beard. Makes him look more manly and macho. Maybe give it a little more time till you decide if you like it it not. Just like growing out your hair, beards go through awkward stages at first.

When my husband started growing a beard it was different at first and I wasn't sure if I would like it. Wasn't used to the change. However, as it grew and he found his new look by way of trim styles, ect, I grew accustomed to it to the point that now I prefer it over not having a beard. Makes him look more manly and macho. Maybe give it a little more time till you decide if you like it it not. Just like growing out your hair, beards go through awkward stages at first.
My husband is 60 and the beard makes him look much older. Of course, that is not a reason to ask him to shave it. It just looks weird! I told him once that I like beards and I think that is why he is growing it. I know his first wife hates it, so maybe he will shave it off after she keeps nagging him for a while

Well beards (for men ;)) are kinda the thing in the Torah/Messianic walk so I'm used to seeing them, and men look kinda naked to me without one. When @Shaul cuts his a little too close during a trim, he gets the scrunchy face look from me lol.

My husband is 60 and the beard makes him look much older. Of course, that is not a reason to ask him to shave it. It just looks weird! I told him once that I like beards and I think that is why he is growing it. I know his first wife hates it, so maybe he will shave it off after she keeps nagging him for a while
Sometimes nagging can backfire, you know men don't like women telling them what to do... so if she nags him he may balk at that and refuse to cut it just because it wasn't his own descision. Plus in his headship ordained by Yahua, that would be disrespectful as a Christian wife if she submits to the headship order.

Maybe just humbly and sweetly tell him your feelings but don't break his ego in the process and make him feel bad about himself. He may take what you say into consideration and change it on his own. I am Torah keeping so I knew my husbands beard was his commitment to the Torah which made it even more special.

Sometimes nagging can backfire, you know men don't like women telling them what to do... so if she nags him he may balk at that and refuse to cut it just because it wasn't his own descision. Plus in his headship ordained by Yahua, that would be disrespectful as a Christian wife if she submits to the headship order.

Maybe just humbly and sweetly tell him your feelings but don't break his ego in the process and make him feel bad about himself. He may take what you say into consideration and change it on his own. I am Torah keeping so I knew my husband's beard was his commitment to the Torah which made it even more special.
My husband is a non-believer and so is his first wife, although I pray daily for their conversion and salvation. I spoke with him on the phone last night and I told him I did not really like the beard on him. He said some of his coworkers have complimented him on it, so the beard is here to stay for now.

Alright.. turn about.. if your husband doesn't like what you do with your hair do you change it for him or say "so? I like it."

Next, it takes time to get used to change.

Back