• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

I am thankful.

Rose

Real Person
Female
I am so thankful for God’s love. I am not worthy of the incredible amount of love that God has for me. "How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee." (Psalm 139:17,18)

Facing an unwanted change can be very difficult. And then, once God, works, He can completely change one's resistance to any change. In Romans 12:1-2, it says this, "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

I don't see how an unbeliever would have the strength to live out this lifestyle–unless, culturally they were already used to it. I am very thankful for God’s wisdom and comfort that help to guide, and encourage me. I cling to His Holy word. In Psalm 119:49-50 it says "Remember the word unto thy servant, upon which thou hast caused me to hope. This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me."

Therefore, the lyrics to 'I Have Decided to Follow Jesus' have really resonated with me lately. Here they are.

I Have Decided to Follow Jesus

I have decided to follow Jesus;
No turning back, no turning back.

2. Tho' none go with me, I still will follow,
Tho' none go with me I still will follow,
Tho' none go with me, I still will follow;

3. My cross I'll carry, till I see Jesus;
My cross I'll carry till I see Jesus,
My cross I'll carry till I see Jesus;
No turning back, No turning back.

4. The world behind me, the cross before me,
The world behind me, the cross before me;

Now I am abundantly blessed in multiple ways. God has undoubtedly transformed my thinking and changed my original thoughts about polygyny. To God be the Glory.

For people who think this is about a man satisfying lusts? Hah!! For those who think it was a selfish want on my part....ummm nope.
I really doubt people that were purely selfish would ever choose this.
But when you care about the well being of someone else... or feel blessed and wish others could have what you do? ...and then you find someone who DOES feel bleesed to have what you do... that makes this life wonderful!

For people who think this is about a man satisfying lusts? Hah!! For those who think it was a selfish want on my part....ummm nope.
But when you care about the well being of someone else... or feel blessed and wish others could have what you do? ...and then you find someone who DOES feel bleesed to have what you do... that makes this life wonderful!
Well said. Thx. 😊

I am so thankful for God’s love. I am not worthy of the incredible amount of love that God has for me. "How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee." (Psalm 139:17,18)

Facing an unwanted change can be very difficult. And then, once God, works, He can completely change one's resistance to any change. In Romans 12:1-2, it says this, "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

I don't see how an unbeliever would have the strength to live out this lifestyle–unless, culturally they were already used to it. I am very thankful for God’s wisdom and comfort that help to guide, and encourage me. I cling to His Holy word. In Psalm 119:49-50 it says "Remember the word unto thy servant, upon which thou hast caused me to hope. This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me."

Therefore, the lyrics to 'I Have Decided to Follow Jesus' have really resonated with me lately. Here they are.

Now I am abundantly blessed in multiple ways. God has undoubtedly transformed my thinking and changed my original thoughts about polygyny. To God be the Glory.
Wonderful song!

God has greatly blessed me through you!! It could also be said that God has 'spoiled' me through you!! Thank you my love!!

Sister Rose, good morning and thank you for sharing this. I'm happy for your transformation. Looking forward to hearing about all the wonderful ways in which God will show himself in your life .

If I could look into your heart I bet I would find a ton of gratitude cells and loving plasma .

If I could look into your heart I bet I would find a ton of gratitude cells and loving plasma .
You'll forgive me I hope for the involuntary *snort* that happened when I read your comment.
I used to get frustrated and angry far more then I do now....but I'm still just a work in progress. I just happen to have an awesome co wife that shares our values....and some of our weaknesses too. And she's super sweet, and cute, and smart, and can cook, and she's good with the children, and.. ..I love her lots!!

And what's really funny is she likes compliments about as much as I do. Lol

You'll forgive me I hope for the involuntary *snort* that happened when I read your comment.
I used to get frustrated and angry far more then I do now....but I'm still just a work in progress. I just happen to have an awesome co wife that shares our values....and some of our weaknesses too. And she's super sweet, and cute, and smart, and can cook, and she's good with the children, and.. ..I love her lots!!

And what's really funny is she likes compliments about as much as I do. Lol
Sister, we are all passing thru works in progress. Its the brief, loving gestures of compassion that makes the journey oh so worth it.

Back