• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

I am very excited...

sydneyv

Female
Hello!

I am so glad to be writing a post for like-minded women to read! My name is Sydney. My DH wrote a post in the Introduction Forum for both of us (Curt and Syd in Missouri), but I was encouraged to write a note here as well.

My DH and I are 20 (My 21st is in September!). We had our wedding this year on June 15th, but have been in covenant for a little over 4 years now.

We've been talking about PM for almost a year now and my DH (I love that term and have added it to my repertoire.) has felf strongly convicted about finding the biblical truths about it ever since it came up. I don't know if he'd remember, but I'm pretty sure his thought process came from my "addiction" to reality TV. (I was watching Sister Wives for a little while, but honestly I don't think they have the best marriages and watching it is kind of a downer for me nowadays.)

I've seen a lot of posts of women who were so upset when their DH brought the idea up to them, remember that we weren't even married when he asked me about it, but I think G-d gave us a blessing, because He softened my heart, and helped me understand (even with what little information he had to offer at the time).

Since then, he has been talking about it continually (not a bad thing to me) and feeling quite alone. I continued to tell him that there are other people out there that feel the same way "I promise" and after a while I finally typed three words "Christian Polygamist Forum" (I would now say polygynist, but I didn't know at the time) and texted him the link.

This forum has blessed him and is blessing me. I can't wait to do the Tuesday Ladies Chat and maybe even check out the Retreat.

All of that to say hello, nice to meet you, and I can't wait to get to know you.

Thank you and much love,
SydneyV

P.S. It looks like I was a little overzealous with the parentheses. I thought that was a little humorous. Too many side thoughts. :)

Welcome Sydney! Glad to have another lady brave enough to see what God has for her concerning marriage. I do find it interesting that you both are so young. I rarely have met 20 somethings be so thoughtful about marriage and life in general. I think it actually gives me hope for the future. :) Please feel free to ask questions, we have some awesome ladies on this site.

I'm glad we could give you a nugget of hope. :) Believe me, we're worried for our generation too, but we're also trying to spread the word by making those around us question the Church's assumptions. I'm reading a lot of the posts and I'm sure I'll be posting questions. I'm excited to meet these awesome ladies!

Thank you so much! I read your intro thread and you sound like a lovely person also! I am definitely enjoying it so far, especially the conversations it evokes with my DH. I didn't say this before, but his Username is Centurion127 on the forum if that is of interest to anyone.

Thank you too! :) That's definitely my favorite part too, the conversations that spark between Slumber and I. :)

Back