• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

I am woman hear me roar....

windblown

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
Against feminism!!!

I saw this meme the other day and it made my blood boil. Of course some family members had posted it and liked it on facebook (my sister for one). Aghhhh!! It's everything that I rage against. Feminism goes so deep into our framework as a society and as individuals. It doesn't have to be up front and in your face like this meme. It oozes its way in to the fibers of our beings and takes root where we least expect it. It blasphemes the very nature our Loving Father created us with. Sometimes I feel like I'm fighting a war that is stacked so high against me, to raise daughters to see the ugly in feminism. Then my 15 year old daughter says, "I can't wait to be a wife so I can cook for my husband." Thank you, Jesus!

feminism.jpg

Yikes. I know you told me about this but it is much more disturbing to read it.

I wonder what this meme written for men would like and much screeching it would elicit from the feminists both closeted and out.

I 'like' what you said, not the image :).
I do not understand feminism, I really don't. I think it was originally supposed to be so that all women had choices, and I'm ok with that. But now it's about having to be a certain type of woman again. It's gone all the way through the spectrum to the other side, so that it's not ok for a woman to be a stay at home mum and respect her husband and be submissive. Women freak out when I say I obey Samuel, they think it's some sort of bad thing and I'm putting feminism back a hundred years. But it's my choice.
Now, a lot of that meme is about not having respect for anyone else, but just being 'yourself'. This is being taught to boys and girls, particularly in the area of gender identification. There's a whole road here that our society is going down that is truly awful and against YHWH.
Sometimes people are so incredibly blinded that you cannot talk with them about this, you can't make them understand, they will only yell at you and put you in the 'religious nut' basket, or the 'crazy conspiracy nut' basket. I am learning over time that there are people we just have to leave behind. It's sad, but the bible does say not to cast our pearls before swine. When those walls are up, only YHWH can break through.

I grew up having my mom be divorced and working. She taught my sister and I to be very self-sufficient. I thought it was a great characteristic until my husband said he didn't feel I needed him for much. The truth was that I needed him very much! Though at that time I really didn't know how much and thus I didn't know how to show him. I was too busy doing it all myself because that was what a successful Christian women did. It took a lot of hard lessons to understand that "doing it myself" was a form of distrust in my husband and my Heavenly Father, not to mention a huge dose of trying to control him. I was also busy believing the lie that says I can't really show him how much I need him because he WILL take advantage of that trust at some point and then I am screwed. I have literally sat in a MOM's (mothers of preschoolers) meeting and been told by the guest speaker to "keep an eye out for other ladies in your husband's life. You can't trust THEM or HIM." And " You need to be everything to him so he doesn't stray." Essentially, manipulate everything so you can control him. What a waste of emotional energy! Of course, the Lord had plural marriage come into my life and that blew everything up. Boy, was that hard to work thru but I feel so free now. I hope my husband would say that I trust him on many levels now and that I find joy and safety in submitting to him. I am not saying I don't questions things at times but that also helps me trust in his decision when he can stand by it solidly.

The most amazing thing is that the only way I can trust in my husband is because I have learned to trust in my Heavenly Father to always take care of me no matter what. No matter if my husband makes a bad decision or a bad call. My "Okayness" as I like to call it does not hang on my husbands ability to be an awesome husband because lets face it he isn't all the time. But my God IS awesome all the time, I just have to be willing to trust him. I guess this is not really on topic but it was what came to mind. I think young women are so busy "roaring" that they don't see that they get very little good out of it.

Back