• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

I don't even know how to react to this "sisterwife"

paterfamilias

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
One of my customers has been telling me recently about a woman that has been hitting on him really hard and in really graphic terms. I don't pay much attention to it as he frequently is interested in or catching the interest of woman. Today however he told me that the was a "sisterwife" and that while her husband did not know what she was getting up to, the other wife did know and was encouraging the behavior.

I was dumbstruck. A bit later I asked if he was sure she did not say polyamorous. Apparently the word was sisterwife.

So very many levels of wrong in this equation. I have no problem admitting that this has me more than a little disheartened.

So a male customer of yours is being hit on by a married woman who is part of a polygynous marriage?

Woah, that's not ok.
There are people that will have 'group marriage' situations, and I could understand in that case (still a sin, but I get where they're coming from), but to not have the husband know is not ok.

One of my customers has been telling me recently about a woman that has been hitting on him really hard and in really graphic terms. I don't pay much attention to it as he frequently is interested in or catching the interest of woman. Today however he told me that the was a "sisterwife" and that while her husband did not know what she was getting up to, the other wife did know and was encouraging the behavior.

I was dumbstruck. A bit later I asked if he was sure she did not say polyamorous. Apparently the word was sisterwife.

So very many levels of wrong in this equation. I have no problem admitting that this has me more than a little disheartened.
Adultery is always adultery and is therefore a sin. Like any other sin, be it lying, stealing, idolatry, .... whatever, it should be exposed, confronted and dealt with.

What religion are they?

Women can be sinful perverts too. It happens.

What religion are they?

Not a clue.
I have seen her a couple time but not interacted with her. Struck me as having a very abrasive personality. Beyond that I did not think much about her till he told me that she styles herself as a plig of some sort.

Ok, my point is that we judge her actions from our Christian morality, but maybe they have some other morals that makes her actions normal for them.

I have a cousin that is an amazing balloon artist. (Atomic Baloon Company in Vegas) Worked on the world record project in China, won big competitions. He used to do out of town gigs with a married women Co worker.....until she hooked up with some guy while out of town. He refused after that, as he knew that wedding band on her hand didn't mean the same thing to her, and he didn't want to give his wife any cause for concern or doubting him.

Many people everywhere lack a moral compass or boundries....it doesn't change the standard of The I Am that IS.

Perhaps, but there is a Day she will be judged by God's Law.
If she has no Savior, lack of fidelity will not be the big issue.

My advice to him was that a girl who appreciates other fish in the sea that casually has likely done just a whole bunch of fishing over the years. You drop your hook into that kind of water and you will likely have to get your dingy hull scrapped for barnicals

I feel certain he is just enjoying the perceived compliment and that he is too smart to make the potential mistake. I hope so at least

Not a clue.
I have seen her a couple time but not interacted with her. Struck me as having a very abrasive personality. Beyond that I did not think much about her till he told me that she styles herself as a plig of some sort.
Might wanna stay very far away from that one....

Might wanna stay very far away from that one....
Zero fear there.
I heard the story, made a disgusted lip curl and then advised the guy not to be tempted.

I don't want to know how it develops. Especially if her husband is a normal man who takes his marriage seriously as opposed to being one of the polyamory people.

Back