• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

I don't know where to start!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauren003

Hey guys! I'd like to apologize right now for any mispells or gramatical errors, I am typing this with my phone since I don't have access to my computer at the moment. I was raised baptist and was always generally happy with it, but these last few years have been very tough, 3 deaths in the family and a very close family member moving states away. I was very low and starting having a spiritual crisis. I went to visit my mother one day and she was watching a show called Sister Wives, I, of coarse, thought these women were crazy! Who'd be willing to share their husbands like that! The more I thought about it, the more I read and the more praying I did, I began to feel like this is what God was calling me to. It was surprisingly easy for me to grasp the thought of sharing a future husband, and now it seems to make the most sense. I live in Florida now, and I'm not sure where there are any churches or any places I can go to be surrounded by like minded people, as my dad has told me he would never speak to me again if I married a polygamist. I guess my question is if anyone knows where I could go to meet and talk with polygamist families?

Hi Lauren, and welcome to Biblical Familes.

I can sympathise with the tough times...we've been going through them too.
I can we'll understand the way the whole concept of sharing grows on you, and I know too well how others think about it.
I'm sorry your Dad is so opposed. I'm sure that is anything but easy for you.

I know some of the wonderful ladies here hail from Florida. I'm out west in Arizona
myself.

There is going to be a ladies retreat this fall. that might be a good way to meet people in person. there is also a ladies chat on Tuesday's.
Last but not least, there is the private message feature, if you want to contact someone privately.

I hope you'll forgive my errors here, I'm also typing on a phone....and I hope you find what you seek.

Jolene

Welcome Lauren! I live in Central Florida near Orlando. I would love to get together with you if you would like. I have been married for 26 years and have lived plural for 18 of those. I am happy to talk about whatever is on your heart in regards to this lifestyle. I hope you will make the effort to read and post so others here can get to know you. I too, would encourage you to pray about coming to the Women's Retreat in AL this year. If you PM me I will send you all the information about it. I hope you will find wisdom, encouragement and some challenges here at Biblical Families. Blessings!

Hi Lauren!
I know you have probably been invited but the ladies get together and chat on Tuesday nights. The login is on the forum page. It might be a great way to meet some of the families on here. :)
We are out in Idaho so not near you in FL....but I love to chat with like minded people.
Yah bless you on your journey.

First off, thanks so much guys, really. I feel way more comfortable posting here now than I thought I ever would. You can definetly count on me being there Tuesday, I can't wait to chat with you! As for the womens retreat I would love to go, I'm not sure if I will financially be able to, but if I can make it happen i definetly will. Another question I guess, does anyone have any good book suggestions about living plurally? The only books I can find are about flds or cult survival stories.

Welcome Lauren! I also live in Florida, in the Sarasota area. What part are you from? I'm happy you have found the BF group as there is a lot of wonderful stories on here about people's experiences with polygyny. I am looking forward to meeting you on chat and getting to know you more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back