• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

General I got the lonely Covid-19 blues!

Patricia C

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
Well it is that season again..... a few times a year I just become overwhelmed with loneliness. I thought the man I was going to spend the rest of my life with was going to come into my life last year but ... It didn't happen. Not that I was expecting to get married last year but that at least I would be in a relationship hopefully working in that direction. Now as I sit here almost in isolation with everything that is going on I feel extra alone! I had been working a lot, I have been absent from bibfam for a while, checking in from time to time to see what is going on. The office I was working out of has closed due to the covid-19 outbreak... I am perfectly okay with that I actually prefer not going in all the time. Working from home is fine with me. Is anyone else dealing with the loneliness blues? what are you doing to combat that? Anyone want to just chat?

Hey! Sorry you are having some loneliness blues. I would be up for chatting. I haven't really felt the blues yet. My kids and I usually stay home and do homeschooling, so we're pretty used to not going very many places. I'm more on the introverted side so I don't think this will really be hard for me. One of our kids is super extroverted and she's feeling down from all our normal activities being put on hold. I think what makes it hard for us right now is being outside is not really an option, we've gotten a lot of snow lately so it's too cold to just get out for a walk. I think that will be the hardest - waiting for the weather to be nice outside too.

Hey! Sorry you are having some loneliness blues. I would be up for chatting. I haven't really felt the blues yet. My kids and I usually stay home and do homeschooling, so we're pretty used to not going very many places. I'm more on the introverted side so I don't think this will really be hard for me. One of our kids is super extroverted and she's feeling down from all our normal activities being put on hold. I think what makes it hard for us right now is being outside is not really an option, we've gotten a lot of snow lately so it's too cold to just get out for a walk. I think that will be the hardest - waiting for the weather to be nice outside too.
Yes I understand the weather making it hard to get out we have had rain everyday for a couple weeks. I think about a week and a half ago we had some sunshine and almost 80 degree weather. It is back down to 50-60 degree weather and rain all day.
I love that there are so many families here who homeschool their kids. If I had kids at home I probably would as well. Do you do anything for physical activity?

Sorry for the delay in responding. I need to put a new link to the forum on my phone.

I'm doing pretty good. Being out in the country helps, as I always have something to do. 80 degrees?! You must be south of me lol. I took a quick trip to Houston to see my daughter before all of this got too bad. 75 and 80...it was wonderful! I'm in Indiana, where it got up to 60 today. What's your situation, town or country?

Yes I understand the weather making it hard to get out we have had rain everyday for a couple weeks. I think about a week and a half ago we had some sunshine and almost 80 degree weather. It is back down to 50-60 degree weather and rain all day.
I love that there are so many families here who homeschool their kids. If I had kids at home I probably would as well. Do you do anything for physical activity?

Sorry for the delay in responding. I need to put a new link to the forum on my phone.

Oh man! That is waaaay warmer than it's been here! We got a little more snow in the last couple of days, I'm so ready for warmer weather. :)

Yes I love them being home with me. I feel very blessed to be able to do it. And it seems like I'm finding more and more moms who do it too. It's was funny at our daughters birthday party (before the social distancing), there was only one family who had their child in traditional school!

Are you asking if I do any PE for them or just any general activities for myself? I don't have a regulated PE for them but their charter allows chores to count as PE and our two youngest can hardly hold still, so they're always on the move! Before the social distancing (and the return to cold weather) I was taking them walking pretty often. For myself personally I've been doing workouts on Amazon prime and I had a treadmill but sold it recently and bought an under the desk elliptical. I had a hard time using my treadmill because I was confined to where it was and I was always scared when our youngest was nearby because I was afraid he'd try to get on and we'd both get hurt. So this option works way before for me and I love it. I can move it easily around the house and I'm not afraid of using it around the kids. I spend so much time at our dining room table doing school so I've been super happy with being able to stay active while sitting for long periods of time. :)

I understand about not checking in on the forums often, I could pm you my cell number and we could text if that works better for you.

I'm doing pretty good. Being out in the country helps, as I always have something to do. 80 degrees?! You must be south of me lol. I took a quick trip to Houston to see my daughter before all of this got too bad. 75 and 80...it was wonderful! I'm in Indiana, where it got up to 60 today. What's your situation, town or country?
I'm sorry it took so long to reply. I thought I replayed but I guess I never sent it. My oldest lives in the Houston area as well. She is pregnant with my second granddaughter. They all have been in isolation for a couple weeks or longer. They all have been dealing with respiratory infections. I asked her if they were tested for Covid19 and it upset her so she isn't talking to me. Smh! I guess I'm not supposed to worry. My reward is she has kids now and one day she will understand the heart of a mother... Of adult daughters.
Where do you live?

Oh man! That is waaaay warmer than it's been here! We got a little more snow in the last couple of days, I'm so ready for warmer weather. :)

Yes I love them being home with me. I feel very blessed to be able to do it. And it seems like I'm finding more and more moms who do it too. It's was funny at our daughters birthday party (before the social distancing), there was only one family who had their child in traditional school!

Are you asking if I do any PE for them or just any general activities for myself? I don't have a regulated PE for them but their charter allows chores to count as PE and our two youngest can hardly hold still, so they're always on the move! Before the social distancing (and the return to cold weather) I was taking them walking pretty often. For myself personally I've been doing workouts on Amazon prime and I had a treadmill but sold it recently and bought an under the desk elliptical. I had a hard time using my treadmill because I was confined to where it was and I was always scared when our youngest was nearby because I was afraid he'd try to get on and we'd both get hurt. So this option works way before for me and I love it. I can move it easily around the house and I'm not afraid of using it around the kids. I spend so much time at our dining room table doing school so I've been super happy with being able to stay active while sitting for long periods of time. :)

I understand about not checking in on the forums often, I could pm you my cell number and we could text if that works better for you.

How old are your kids? Sounds like they are pretty young? I home schooled my girls a couple years when they were in elementary school. That's hard work. I commend you for doing it. Co-ops are great if you have a home school co-op in your area. Do you work?
It is great that you all stay active. Where do you live?
I am in Texarkana Texas. It is very beautiful here and the pollen count is high! So you can imagine people's response if you are out and about and sneeze or cough from allergies. LOL not funny... But funny. No one would have thought twice about it before this started.
I was diagnosed with RA a couple months ago so for now staying inside is fine with me. I just got turned on to Bodygroove if you haven't seen it here is one of her videos. She has some great ones with kids. I find myself moving and grooving in the kitchen when I am cooking LOL
I will pm you my number

I'm sorry it took so long to reply. I thought I replayed but I guess I never sent it. My oldest lives in the Houston area as well. She is pregnant with my second granddaughter. They all have been in isolation for a couple weeks or longer. They all have been dealing with respiratory infections. I asked her if they were tested for Covid19 and it upset her so she isn't talking to me. Smh! I guess I'm not supposed to worry. My reward is she has kids now and one day she will understand the heart of a mother... Of adult daughters.
Where do you live?
Northeast Indiana. Lived south of the metroplex (Johnson county) from '93 to '98. I currently have an older farmhouse with about 4 acres. Chickens, dogs, horse, kitties. Don't get too lonely. Husband is not here full time as he has another home where FW lives and she is disabled with many health issues.

Northeast Indiana. Lived south of the metroplex (Johnson county) from '93 to '98. I currently have an older farmhouse with about 4 acres. Chickens, dogs, horse, kitties. Don't get too lonely. Husband is not here full time as he has another home where FW lives and she is disabled with many health issues.

Will you be on the call tomorrow?

I was thinking of posting an entry about confinement- which is quite strict where I am in Madrid. I am really getting a lot of work done- loads of extra translations, and a bit of time to brush up business languages. My flat is small, and my son is at a noisy age (3), but I organise to go to work and a couple of my friends are cool about helping with the little one. My fiancé divides his time between my flat and Emma's (FW) posh little town house. However, I did call him out about dividing his time properly and helping with childcare a bit. He is relaxed, mature and got an even temper- but the day after the little 'nag' we didn't speak for hours and I got some of the lockdown stress that can creep up on you. I fight tension with going for a long run..but we can't at the moment, so I decided to bake for my friends- something completely counter-intuitive for me. Anyway- no fiancé came that day, but was ringing the bell very early the next morning, so all sorted over coffee and freshly baked buscuits! Thanks for opening a thread to put random thoughts down!!!!

Back