• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

I HATE IT! I HATE IT! I HATE IT!

So I just read an article about that Ashley Madison hack. It claimed that over 20% of the population of Ottowa was registered there. Approx 50 percent of their registered users claim to be some or other form of Christian...

People recoil in horror at the notion of polygamy, but secretly embrace adultery in the dark. If nothing else this is a clear evidence of the poisoned substitutes people invent for themselves when denying the institutions of God. Clearly a twisted tool of evil, the 'monogamy only' lie is placing people in a false dilemma between their Christian faith (as construed as the monogamist model) and adultery.

What is it written in the Epistle? Is it not better to marry than to burn? There is a righteous solution. There always is, until we begin to impose upon ourselves extra-Biblical restrictions.

On a side note, the amount of pain which the 'monogamy only' lie causes good (1st) wives is grievous. Any loving husband should work to dismantle the destructive emotional hold this lie has over his family.

Who can know how accurate such statistics are? Only God, I suppose, but people have been managing to find ways to destroy their relationships long before the advent of the internet. I find it heart-rending. Truly, I do. Words cannot do justice here.

For myself, I don't think I'll probably ever be in a position to grow my family through polygamy, but that is not a license to plunge into such things as adultery. I just hate it that the world, and even members of the Church, more readily embrace things like LG-BLT (or whatever the Hell) and rampant divorce and family destruction but will stand in hypocritical judgment over people who are, if anything, building up the Christian home and family.

May the God of Israel restore unto us His righteousness, a love for Him, for our neighbor, and for truth and righteousness.

Yes I agree.

I find it weird that a person can get divorced, then re-marry, and everyone at church is all smiles and hugs.

But they would view fully informed and consensual polygamy as evil.

Crazy.

People would rather hold to tradition, and believe lies instead of the truth!!! That is what is sooooo disheartening....

ADHERE said:
People would rather hold to tradition, and believe lies instead of the truth!!! That is what is sooooo disheartening....

all the while criticizing the Pharisees as hypocrites for doing just that... what a sad irony.

It's this kind of flagrant disregard of people's lives and relationships that is truly maddening to me. How can people want to live in such a world?

At first glance I thought that Adhere wrote, "I would rather people hold to tradition, and believe lies instead of the truth!!! That is what is sooooo disheartening...."

Note to self: Fully wake up before reading latest BF posts. :)

If I say something like that... Please smack me with the truth... Lolll.... (The Bible) lol..". Lol.....

Back