• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

General I hope my hope isn't only hope ...

Bria

Real Person
Female
So, I apologize if the title is confusing haha.

I was laying here wondering about a lady (can't remember who) but she shared her hope with a sister wife was to have a best friend to do life with but unfortunately wasn't experiencing it.

I realized that is something I hope for in a sister wife as well is companionship and a life long friend. I am wondering if this is achievable long term? My friendships tend to only last a few years before "life" or distance separates me from them or them from me or mutual separation. So having someone that apart from death will be with my family forever is exciting but also nerve wracking since I've never really had it before.

Am I being naive and hopeful/ a wishful thinker or is this actually achievable?

So, I apologize if the title is confusing haha.

I was laying here wondering about a lady (can't remember who) but she shared her hope with a sister wife was to have a best friend to do life with but unfortunately wasn't experiencing it.

I realized that is something I hope for in a sister wife as well is companionship and a life long friend. I am wondering if this is achievable long term? My friendships tend to only last a few years before "life" or distance separates me from them or them from me or mutual separation. So having someone that apart from death will be with my family forever is exciting but also nerve wracking since I've never really had it before.

Am I being naive and hopeful/ a wishful thinker or is this actually achievable?

With a heart like yours I am certain that God has a person in mind for you. :)

@Bria, I hope the Lord sends a lady who will add many wonderful things to your family, to your life. Yet, it can be an emotional snare for us ladies to wish for a BFF in a sister wife. I don't think you are doing that but understand that it can be something to guard against. In my experience the Lord has a way of sending families just the right person to "push all their buttons" while also pushing them to have better relationships with each other and with Him which in the end brings many good things. I wonder if the Lord is asking you to step up your game with present friendships or even past friendships? As they say, practice makes perfect! It is a skill all of us could spend more time on I suspect, certainly me. :)

With a heart like yours I am certain that God has a person in mind for you. :)

Oh thank you Megan, that is too kind. I know and believe God will bring us where ever He needs and will provide what ever is best! It's just nice when what we desire line up with His desires! Haha :D

I wonder if the Lord is asking you to step up your game with present friendships or even past friendships? As they say, practice makes perfect! It is a skill all of us could spend more time on I suspect, certainly me.

It's funny you mention this because I have been wondering and praying about the same thing. He always seems to provide the people that are needed for that time. Then things just dissipate. Covid didn't help and moving almost every year hasn't helped either haha, But I don't know! I will keep praying and trusting that God will again provide what I need when I need it.

I was also wondering how people who are in a plural marriage are living, like was it a natural friendship? One that you already had and were able to continue to strengthen? Is it a slippery slope but you stay with your husband because of the Lord and honoring your husband? Those sort of things. If people don't want to answer that's okay, I am simply curious and like to hear stories and experiences!

I can relate to your post @Bria.

I was super hopeful for many years. I finally got to a point where I really don't care anymore if it happens or doesn't.

I think I would be a better me in a shared situation with a co-wife....and would still choose that, but I am just not interested in investing any more energy in online....or real life even trying to make it happen.

Unless the Lord builds the house.....they labor in vain that build it.

It is still nice to pop in and say hello to others that are our kind of different. :)
*waves* :D

I’m still in the early chapters of learning and growing in what I’ve learned so far and you bring up great questions @Bria! I’m more in a place right now where my heart is open and prepared to see where God leads and do my best to be content regardless of what happens; so neither actively pursuing nor resisting. It’s been nice and I’m enjoying this time.

I can relate to your post @Bria.

I was super hopeful for many years. I finally got to a point where I really don't care anymore if it happens or doesn't.

I think I would be a better me in a shared situation with a co-wife....and would still choose that, but I am just not interested in investing any more energy in online....or real life even trying to make it happen.

I'm so sorry to hear that it's been exhausting :(. I can only imagine, hopefully it stays as imagination only ;) but I have talked to a few women on here that experience similar emotions. Thank you for sharing and I will be praying for you and your family!

I’m still in the early chapters of learning and growing in what I’ve learned so far and you bring up great questions @Bria! I’m more in a place right now where my heart is open and prepared to see where God leads and do my best to be content regardless of what happens; so neither actively pursuing nor resisting. It’s been nice and I’m enjoying this time.

I will be pray praying for you too Primrose!! I always find it intriguing and difficult when praying for a big life change like this. Of course I am hoping God blesses our husbands with wonderful Godly women that are a great addition to our house, but the difficult part is knowing we have to submit to that not being an option either, and not working out as hoped/desired. I hope this makes sense haha I apologize I'm not the greatest at turning my thoughts into actual words sometimes haha.

I will be pray praying for you too Primrose!! I always find it intriguing and difficult when praying for a big life change like this. Of course I am hoping God blesses our husbands with wonderful Godly women that are a great addition to our house, but the difficult part is knowing we have to submit to that not being an option either, and not working out as hoped/desired. I hope this makes sense haha I apologize I'm not the greatest at turning my thoughts into actual words sometimes haha.
Yep, makes sense! Isn't it just the way sometimes where it turns out to be something we never thought about or even desired; but ends up exactly what was needed.

Yep, makes sense! Isn't it just the way sometimes where it turns out to be something we never thought about or even desired; but ends up exactly what was needed.

Your comment reminds me of the almost Biblical sentiment in a Rolling Stones song that you don't always get what you want but sometimes you get what you need.

I share the same feeling. I remember one time lamenting the troubles of my teenage years and then wondering how things could have been. My pity pot was simmering.

Then I looked at my happy house, my amazing husband, my wonderful sisters, my wonderful children (all of them!), and then thanked God for not listening to me and giving me what I asked for!

Back