• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

I put this on the dating part of craigslists,lol

Revgill87123

Male
To all the ladies out there stop getting dogged!

To all the ladies out there this one is exclusively for you! Now all the brothers out there you can read this, but if you read this you are gonna be hot! Cause some of this stuff here is gonna rattle and shake some nerves! To all the ladies out there who want a good Godly man we’ve got a list of all list for you too find a Godly man. It’s a list of fifteen questions that a Godly woman should ask a man. Before you get all googley eyed and you are waiting for him to call, cause by that point you will probably not care what the bible has to say. This is only for the sisters who want a Godly man. This right here is just phase one! This ain’t dating, this ain’t marriage, or nothing. This is for the man who may be interested in you not dating as of yet, but if the opportunity ever arose at least you know where he stands.
Questions
1. Theology: Is the bible 100% Gods’ word and only Gods word? Jesus is he God in the flesh and did he rise on the third day? (That’s big cause some brothers don’t even believe that)

2. Are you a Christian? If so how did you become one? When did you become one? Why did you become one? How do you know you are really in the faith now? Please support your answers with scripture. (That’s BIG cause sisters some brothers will come at you with “I was born in the church. I was baptized when I was two years old. My grandmamma be prayn for me.” No, you want a biblical and spiritual testimony that lines up with the bible. Don’t let them give you I was raised in the church mess. This could be hubby right here this could be your man! Do you want this cat spiritually leading you and he hasn’t even been converted or saved?

3. Would the last girl you dated say she is a better Christian after dating you?

4. Are you willing to sit down with the ministers at my church so they can talk to you about your spiritual maturity and what your intentions are with me before we go any farther in our friendship or relationship? ( This right here makes them be accountable. It stops them from doing sneaky stuff! He knows you got a team, you have a family that’s got your back! You got a church home that will be down his throat if he’s steppin out of line!)

5. Would the last woman you dated recommend you for biblical instruction, direction, leadership and spiritual strengthening to get with you? Why or why not and could I have somebody call to verify you answers? (Remember all these questions are just to help you see where a brother is at. Also just to see that he is honest. If his answers aren’t perfect in these areas, but he has repented from these things that’s cool but you just doin some back ground on this brother to see where he is at and where is he goin.)

6. If we were in a relationship how would you be able to tell if I started idolizing our relationship over God and what would you do to help me get back on track? ( Sisters if he can’t lead you, how is he gonna lead your family?)

7. If we were together, what would you do to insure purity in our relationship? (That’s a great question to ask a brother, cause most of us men are way more physical. We wanna get it in! So we got to have a plan so we don’t get it in and dishonor God in our relationship.)

8. If I wanted too pursue a 100% hands off relationship that includes no kissing, no hugging, no holding hands or massages to insure purity in our relationship to keep a Godly focus, how would you feel about that?

9. Could you guarantee I would spiritually grow with you in my life? If yes how do you know? If no then why should I be with you?

10. If one morning I woke up and I was no longer cute had a 100% flat chest, no hips, no thighs, no butt, no curves, my hair fell out and my teeth weren’t straight would this be a challenge for you? How would you deal with it and would you still be interested in me? (Integrity question all day long right there! Ladies it‘s time to raise your standards up! This is going to help you do it. Ask the brothers these questions)

PS brothers if she sent you these questions she care about you that’s why she’s askin you these questions!

11. What areas in my life do you see that I need to grow and mature in and how could you build me up in those areas? (Remember sisters a lot of time when a brother wants to get with you it’s all flattery. Remember when a brother can see real issues and will let you know, it makes you stronger in those areas. It insures that you will have biblical conversations that are convicting of sin. Not just fantasy,)

12. If you and I were to enter into a relationship what would be the spiritual goal or purpose of what you would expect us, those around us and God to get out of our relationship? Have you fulfilled this goal in past relationships? How do you know you will fulfill this goal with me if we get together?

13. If we got together would you be ok with us having an open relationship where we sit down with ministers every month and give an account of how our relationship is going? Along with answering any spiritual or personal questions they may have for us witch may deal with our purity, spiritual growth, example and over all progress as a couple. (That’s real talk right there)

14. What is Gods’ purpose in dating and marriage? Please support your answers with the bible. (Sisters you want a man who knows what dating and marriage is for. Not just a guy who’s only looking too hook up with some one)

15. Do you have a history of getting with girls primarily Cause you get lonely, the girls are pretty or others reasons that are un-Godly? Can you please give me three people I can call to verify your answers?

For real sisters give the guys these questions and give him time to answer. If the guy says you are the first girl they have dated since they have been saved maybe they won’t have all these answers, but at least can tell you what their intentions are with you. This is not a be hard on man, but a way for sisters to quit getting dogged and played by brothers who aren’t in the faith. You ladies have a great day and remember true love is worth waiting for!

Ok, Gill, ya done quit preaching and gone to meddlin' now! :lol:

I got some improving to do to live up to all that in my own marriage.

Was writing last night to a friend, and realized that just as "submit" is part of a woman's marriage vow before God, "lead" is part of a man's. And men fail at that as easily as women fail at submitting / following!

Can we get a link to the actual post on Craigslist? I know a few people who would gladly look there, but would avoid our boards here because they don't share my belief in plural marriage.

Great questions! Well thought out and a great starting point before a relationship becomes too emotionally based.

Very interesting question. :geek: Thought I'd just answer right here.

Revgill87123 said:
1. Theology: Is the bible 100% Gods’ word and only Gods word? Jesus is he God in the flesh and did he rise on the third day? (That’s big cause some brothers don’t even believe that)
Yes, yes, and yes. By the way, it's Good Wednesday not Friday, though I really wouldn't call it a good day. Sunday was much better.

Revgill87123 said:
2. Are you a Christian? If so how did you become one? When did you become one? Why did you become one? How do you know you are really in the faith now? Please support your answers with scripture. (That’s BIG cause sisters some brothers will come at you with “I was born in the church. I was baptized when I was two years old. My grandmamma be prayn for me.” No, you want a biblical and spiritual testimony that lines up with the bible. Don’t let them give you I was raised in the church mess. This could be hubby right here this could be your man! Do you want this cat spiritually leading you and he hasn’t even been converted or saved?
Yes. I proved He existed, then hated Him for... demonic reasons. Then I searched Him out, and then when He took away all I was and showed me some things, I found out who my true enemy was and turned to Him. That was the Winter of 2004-2005. As for becoming one, I just followed Truth. I am a man of Truth. What else can I do? As for scriptures,

"If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved." Romans 10:9-10
  • Salvation Check
    1. Confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," Check
    2. Believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead Check

Revgill87123 said:
3. Would the last girl you dated say she is a better Christian after dating you?
I don't date, so I'll answer in relation to girls who were or are marriage possibilities.

Some yes, some no. The opinion is always yes until the polygamy issue comes up. Then it can go either way. The girl I was engaged to when the polygamy issue first came to my attention, went against me completely, and after the relationship says she learned from it "not to allow herself to be spiritually manipulated." Others who saw such things, however, did not agree with that conclusion.

Revgill87123 said:
4. Are you willing to sit down with the ministers at my church so they can talk to you about your spiritual maturity and what your intentions are with me before we go any farther in our friendship or relationship? ( This right here makes them be accountable. It stops them from doing sneaky stuff! He knows you got a team, you have a family that’s got your back! You got a church home that will be down his throat if he’s steppin out of line!)
Sure. I'd love that. But I'm a little far away so an internet conference call or something would probably be best. Also, if certain of my... odd beliefs... skew their opinions, please make a decision about me in relation to that yourself rather than letting a minister dictate right and wrong with his own views.

Revgill87123 said:
5. Would the last woman you dated recommend you for biblical instruction, direction, leadership and spiritual strengthening to get with you? Why or why not and could I have somebody call to verify you answers? (Remember all these questions are just to help you see where a brother is at. Also just to see that he is honest. If his answers aren’t perfect in these areas, but he has repented from these things that’s cool but you just doin some back ground on this brother to see where he is at and where is he goin.)
The last one? I don't date. I talk to girls caringly, considering marriage possibilities... not dates or girlfriends. I'm not out to take a girl temporarily. I will answer in relation to the ones I'm talking to currently as possibilities.

All of them have a respect for my spiritual instruction, direction, leadership and spiritual strengthening. You can ask them yourself. Many of the girls that I am no longer talking with about marriage would also agree, and some of them can also be talked with directly.

Revgill87123 said:
6. If we were in a relationship how would you be able to tell if I started idolizing our relationship over God and what would you do to help me get back on track? ( Sisters if he can’t lead you, how is he gonna lead your family?)
I find this question worded terribly. A girl is made to conform to her husband and follow him. I have never met a girl that did this too much. I have, however, met girls who didn't want to get into a position of idolizing their relationship with a man over God. That fear always causes problems in her relationships, and prevents much of the conforming and such. It sounds good in theory, but it's not in the Bible, and in application it just causes instability and partial-rebellion.

Revgill87123 said:
7. If we were together, what would you do to insure purity in our relationship? (That’s a great question to ask a brother, cause most of us men are way more physical. We wanna get it in! So we got to have a plan so we don’t get it in and dishonor God in our relationship.)
I don't date. When the decision is made for a girl to be mine, I will take her in every single way. As for waiting for a wedding and such... "The servant told Isaac all the things that he had done. Then Isaac brought her into his mother Sarah's tent, and he took Rebekah, and she became his wife, and he loved her; thus Isaac was comforted after his mother's death." Genesis 24:62-67 I don't think a priest was in that tent when he took her in there. If she is in her father's household still, and he regards her as his to give, then I will get permission to take her from him. If not, I will just take and keep her in every way, always. Simple.

Revgill87123 said:
8. If I wanted too pursue a 100% hands off relationship that includes no kissing, no hugging, no holding hands or massages to insure purity in our relationship to keep a Godly focus, how would you feel about that?
That's fine. If you're a virgin in your father's house I especially completely understand. But I'm not going through a normal engagement or jumping through tradition hoops. I've done that before and wasn't even taken seriously. It cost thousands and much time, and ended in great heartache. Engagement is not what it was, it is no security, and I will not take part in it. I do, however, support an agreement before God that a girl is mine and only mine to take when I am prepared to take her, with certain conditions.

Revgill87123 said:
9. Could you guarantee I would spiritually grow with you in my life? If yes how do you know? If no then why should I be with you?
Yes, and I can also guarantee that you won't enjoy quite a bit of that growing. I can guarantee this because God has taken my family through the fire many times. It's not easy... but it refines... boy does it refine.

Revgill87123 said:
10. If one morning I woke up and I was no longer cute had a 100% flat chest, no hips, no thighs, no butt, no curves, my hair fell out and my teeth weren’t straight would this be a challenge for you? How would you deal with it and would you still be interested in me? (Integrity question all day long right there! Ladies it‘s time to raise your standards up! This is going to help you do it. Ask the brothers these questions)
I'd pick up your parts off the bed and floor, put them back on you, and let you know that I'm not marrying Mrs PotatoHead. She's already got a guy.

But seriously, I would be kind, and strait with you. We would deal with what ever was going on with your body together. If it were some accident or something, we would deal with it. Health problems would also be dealt with together. Natural aging is also not an issue. I wouldn't get rid of a girl over such physical issues. If, however, the girl is messing herself up in some way, I would, as her husband, talk with her about such and deal with that as a real issue. This includes dressing like a slob or a guy. But there would be no getting rid of a wife over such issues.

Revgill87123 said:
11. What areas in my life do you see that I need to grow and mature in and how could you build me up in those areas? (Remember sisters a lot of time when a brother wants to get with you it’s all flattery. Remember when a brother can see real issues and will let you know, it makes you stronger in those areas. It insures that you will have biblical conversations that are convicting of sin. Not just fantasy,)
Depends on the girl. But I do spot such things and discuss them with those I talk with. I'm very big on communication and putting it into practice. And I would do anything I can to help what ever issue there may be.

Revgill87123 said:
12. If you and I were to enter into a relationship what would be the spiritual goal or purpose of what you would expect us, those around us and God to get out of our relationship? Have you fulfilled this goal in past relationships? How do you know you will fulfill this goal with me if we get together?
I am following God down the path He has laid before me. Joining me means joining that path and not trying to manipulate it. What God will bring, will come. Has it been fulfilled in the past? No. Those that have acted like they would join me, have always gone their own way, or tried to take me off my path. How do I know I will fulfill this goal with a girl if we are together? She would have to agree and do as she agreed. If that is done, then it will be fulfilled.

Revgill87123 said:
13. If we got together would you be ok with us having an open relationship where we sit down with ministers every month and give an account of how our relationship is going? Along with answering any spiritual or personal questions they may have for us witch may deal with our purity, spiritual growth, example and over all progress as a couple. (That’s real talk right there)
No, I would not be ok with this. Meeting as a family is one thing, and that will be done... and yes, there will be discussing and listening by all... but involving ministers outside the family is not an option. They have always caused my family harm. Then again, ministers within my family have also caused it harm. Regardless, I cannot allow them to spread division, judgments of man, and rebellion within my household. You might not understand that concern, but I find it very real. As I don't find such meetings Biblical or good, they are not for my household.

Revgill87123 said:
14. What is Gods’ purpose in dating and marriage? Please support your answers with the bible. (Sisters you want a man who knows what dating and marriage is for. Not just a guy who’s only looking too hook up with some one)
God has no purpose in dating. That's a junk system of man. God has purpose in marriage, which has to do with its design and the roles within it.

"The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."" Genesis 2:18

"For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh." Genesis 2:24

God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground." Genesis 1:28

"To the woman he said, "I will greatly increase your pains in childbearing; with pain you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you."" Genesis 3:16

"Moses said to the heads of the tribes of Israel: "This is what the LORD commands: When a man makes a vow to the LORD or takes an oath to obligate himself by a pledge, he must not break his word but must do everything he said.
"When a young woman still living in her father's house makes a vow to the LORD or obligates herself by a pledge and her father hears about her vow or pledge but says nothing to her, then all her vows and every pledge by which she obligated herself will stand. But if her father forbids her when he hears about it, none of her vows or the pledges by which she obligated herself will stand; the LORD will release her because her father has forbidden her.
"If she marries after she makes a vow or after her lips utter a rash promise by which she obligates herself and her husband hears about it but says nothing to her, then her vows or the pledges by which she obligated herself will stand. But if her husband forbids her when he hears about it, he nullifies the vow that obligates her or the rash promise by which she obligates herself, and the LORD will release her.
"Any vow or obligation taken by a widow or divorced woman will be binding on her.
"If a woman living with her husband makes a vow or obligates herself by a pledge under oath and her husband hears about it but says nothing to her and does not forbid her, then all her vows or the pledges by which she obligated herself will stand. But if her husband nullifies them when he hears about them, then none of the vows or pledges that came from her lips will stand. Her husband has nullified them, and the LORD will release her. Her husband may confirm or nullify any vow she makes or any sworn pledge to deny herself. But if her husband says nothing to her about it from day to day, then he confirms all her vows or the pledges binding on her. He confirms them by saying nothing to her when he hears about them. If, however, he nullifies them some time after he hears about them, then he is responsible for her guilt."
These are the regulations the LORD gave Moses concerning relationships between a man and his wife, and between a father and his young daughter still living in his house." Numbers 30

The wife's body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband's body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife. Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control." 1 Corinthians 7:4-5

"Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God." Titus 2:4-5

"To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife." 1 Corinthians 7:10-11

"Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church—for we are members of his body. "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh." This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband." Ephesians 5:22-33

"At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven." Matthew 22:30

I believe these explain it quite well. It's beginnings and purposes, its responsibilities, and its ends.

Revgill87123 said:
15. Do you have a history of getting with girls primarily Cause you get lonely, the girls are pretty or others reasons that are un-Godly? Can you please give me three people I can call to verify your answers?
I am lonely. Many can attest to that. As for that being "un-Godly" I find that opinion itself "un-Godly" and all too common in the Church. It's a view held by ministers and Christian girls to basically deny marriage to those that should have it. He who desires should marry, as it is written.

Well, that was a fun little questionnaire. :mrgreen:

Sadan,
Great answers to some good questions. Both clearly show the great degrees the western culture has deviated from the format of marriage that God designed.

Gill,
I think you have a really great thing going here with one quibble as quoted below:

No, you want a biblical and spiritual testimony that lines up with the bible. Don’t let them give you I was raised in the church mess.

I was raised in the church - baptist to be precise. More importantly, I was raised in a Godly family. I never had a "conversion" experience. I never needed one. Every day of my life for as long as I can remember, I have known who Jesus was and what He did for me - and why. I was frustrated and upset because my parents would not let me be baptized at a early age. As it was, I was 11 when that event took place in my life. Sadly, I don't know what that 'conversion' experience feels like, but I don't miss it too much. Believers don't need to be converted. Yes we must die to sin, but that is an ongoing process since none of us is perfect. My Lord is my savior and He has been since I was old enough to understand who He was. Sure I've learned more about Him over time, and hope to keep on learning as I grow old. It's not about the knowledge tho'. It about Love. How you want to know every thing there is to know about someone you love. So don't shut me down because I was fortunate enough to have parent's who raised me in His ways.

Dave

Back