• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

I quit lurking...

PeteR

Staff member
Real Person
Male
So, I've been a lurker on here for the last three months or so, though God boldly challenged me about PM more than 3 years ago. He wouldn't let it go, so while poking around on the web I stumbled in here.

My bride of 26 years has only been made aware of this calling in the last two months and, though shocked and dismayed, to her credit has been reading and praying. We've grown closer together despite some really rough patches.

This is not our first radical step. We ejected (rejected?) Sunday, Christmas, Easter and pork about seven years ago in favor of Sabbath, Feasts of the Lord and eating Biblically clean. Still, this PM journey is a tougher paradigm shift.

We covet your prayers and I thank you for a place we can interact with believers in the Messiah who are students of the Word. And, thanks Andrew and other leaders for your vision and willingness to put it out there gor the rest of us.

Shalom.

Blessings to you and yours brother... I pray HaShem continues to have His hand upon your journey.

This really is an outstanding group of brothers and sisters here. I've been greatly encouraged here personally... and am super excited to attend an upcoming retreat and put some faces to some names finally.

Shalom.

Welcome to our little spot on the web. It’s nice to have you come out of the shadows and join us. :)

Welcome to BF

Welcome! I hope you and your wife find many good things here. Please encourage her to make her own account and introduce herself to us ladies. We love answering questions and supporting new ladies on this path.

Welcome aboard!

This is pretty late notice unless you've already been tracking it on the board, but we have a retreat in GA coming up next weekend! :eek: If you could even make part of that, it could be very helpful for both of you, but especially for your wife.

Welcome.

Be patient with your wife, we as women tend to need to ride the waves after a husband reveals this life changing revelation he has received. We have highs and very low lows. It takes time to agree that we are still loved, wanted and not feel like like the husband is wanting to leave. I agree in encouraging her to hop on here too.

Shalom and welcome from those of us outside of the USA. I heartily agree that BF is a great place for interacting with like-minded saints. Blessings to you and yours.

So, I've been a lurker on here for the last three months or so, though God boldly challenged me about PM more than 3 years ago. He wouldn't let it go, so while poking around on the web I stumbled in here.

My bride of 26 years has only been made aware of this calling in the last two months and, though shocked and dismayed, to her credit has been reading and praying. We've grown closer together despite some really rough patches.

This is not our first radical step. We ejected (rejected?) Sunday, Christmas, Easter and pork about seven years ago in favor of Sabbath, Feasts of the Lord and eating Biblically clean. Still, this PM journey is a tougher paradigm shift.

We covet your prayers and I thank you for a place we can interact with believers in the Messiah who are students of the Word. And, thanks Andrew and other leaders for your vision and willingness to put it out there gor the rest of us.

Shalom.
bārūḥ habāʾ! (belated)
If you haven't seen it you may be interested in the Biblical Families Messianic Jewish / Hebrew Roots forum.

Welcome! I hope you and your wife find many good things here. Please encourage her to make her own account and introduce herself to us ladies. We love answering questions and supporting new ladies on this path.
@julieb thank you so much for your welcoming posts to spouses. It's really very, very helpful (at least it was to me; it totally changed my perspective & helped accelerate my wife and I into talking about things).

Last edited:
Blessings to you and yours brother... I pray HaShem continues to have His hand upon your journey.

This really is an outstanding group of brothers and sisters here. I've been greatly encouraged here personally... and am super excited to attend an upcoming retreat and put some faces to some names finally.

Shalom.
Hi Rusty,
I think my husband and I know you and your wife! Ask your wife if she remember's the Cumming family on Ryan St. ! We need to catch up!

Back