• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

I want start a church in Cental Asia for polygamous families

Centralasia

Male
There are many western funded organizations which oppress polygamists here. Russian church also condemns polygamy very harshly. Therefore, we hide our families. Hwr, there are many people who are members of polygamous families. I need a prayer support and partnership to promote biblical families in Central Asia to multiply God's people and glorify Him.

I would also like to hear more from you!

My initial thought is wondering if you are wanting to start a church that *also includes and supports* poly families, or are you looking to start a church *specifically/only for* poly families? Because one is laudable, the other one has some initial concerns.

Welcome to the forum. I am praying also.

I too would suggest that the solution may not be a church for polygamous families (which will look like a cult and put you in danger of even more persecution once discovered), but rather a home-church movement that is focussed first on Yeshua, but does not reject polygamous families, without even needing to have a firm stance on polygamy as a matter of official doctrine just a willingness to accept that views can differ on this so polygamists are accepted.

I would be very interested in any more information about yourselves, and how we may be able to support you. Central Asia is an absolutely massive place, and a critical mission field where the church is expanding rapidly, as small home fellowships, under varying degrees of oppression depending on the country and the dominance of Islam locally. It's also so big that there should be plenty of opportunities for Christians to find a place of refuge and survive through whatever may come in the future.

Back