• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Meat I'm wondering about eschatology

Because if everything is His plan, it is all the Kingdom of Heaven. Nothing would exist outside of His plan, His Kingdom.
Oh, OK. I am not even going to begin to pretend I'm an expert on this, but Clyde Pilkington Jr has articles up at biblestudentsnotebook.com about how His Plan provides for both a Kingdom of Heaven and a Kingdom of God, which are often mistaken to mean the same thing. Everything exists within His Plan, but the Kingdom of Heaven on a subset of His Plan. Here's a link to BSN #290: http://biblestudentsnotebook.com/bsn290.pdf

Because if everything is His plan, it is all the Kingdom of Heaven. Nothing would exist outside of His plan, His Kingdom.
Ever read all the kingdom parables? I just read about these mouse utopia studies of the 70's .... and then rewatched how wolves change rivers.

I believe that to a degree perception is reality, in that according to scripture "as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he" which is why "guard your heart, because out of it come the issues of life" matters and is of course also why doctrine is important.....as is semantics ....which is the study of what substance a word (especially in the bible) represents. Whew! (Anyone still with me?)

Many expecting the kingdom to be a utopia are seriously resistant to the idea that the kingdom or reign of the heavens is already here. ....but until we are changed, we NEED adversity in our lives.

The people outside the kingdom are those who have not been born again, and do not have the new command (love one another as I have loved you) or any other part of His law on their hearts. They are blind and miserable. We are at a time when the stars are darkened. ...His people are not shining like they should. We are bearing our shame for departing from His principles of morality and allowing evil like satan worship in our land.....along with creating a baal idol to worship in the constitution.

We are right on track prophetically. The future for the redeemed....His servants, is bright!......but there is a lot of judgement coming from the Just Judge.

Thank and praise The Most High for that! He knows JUST what we need. :)

The lake of fire is also part of His plan, and it is somehow good.
It is good in that it is necessary.
Were it not necessary, it wouldn’t be good. But then He wouldn’t have had to provide it.

It is good in that it is necessary.
Were it not necessary, it wouldn’t be good. But then He wouldn’t have had to provide it.
I remember a minister once explaining that it was the fiery judgement that proceeded from His throne. I have seen some videos like this one. And it looks like teeth knashing is already happening from the choices people have made to worship and obey a man made institution. (Like gubment or medical pharma industry)

Like @PeteR I know less and less the longer I study and ponder this - but I become clearer in how to act in light of it.

I completely reject the pre-trib rapture idea. Now, it might actually happen to be true, and that would be a pleasant surprise. But we are told to prepare for hard times, and if we think we'll be whisked away we won't prepare. So it's best to reject it and assume we'll go through hard times, so we prepare for them.

Or as I sometimes say, better to be a pessimist than an optimist, because a pessimist will have many pleasant surprises, while an optimist will have many disappointments.

Regarding the millennial / amillenial debate: Our focus needs to be on living in the Kingdom of God today. If He is our King, we are to function as citizens of that Kingdom, and grow the Kingdom. If it turns out that the millennium refers to the "church age" of today, as most of the church has taught for most of history - then we're doing the right thing. And if it turns out that the millennium refers to a future thousand-year reign, as the evangelical and hebrew roots denominations presently teach - we're still doing the right thing.

Our focus should be on how to act today. Not on trying to understand the future. However hard we study that we'll get parts of it wrong, and we won't know which parts until it happens.

Back