• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Immigration Issues

Thanks Megan. That's all fine but the issue is the getting them there in the first place.
That's actually the hard part; getting in the door. It's not do or die for us; main thing is we are together wherever but just thinking may be good to be back home some day. Especially grandparents complaining lots so hard to see grandkids.

Are you a US citizen? Wouldn't that make your children citizens and thus give your wives a toehold?
It's a good point. Yes, I'm a citizen, but our children are only from one wife.

Haha....I'm on it!
Actually I've got some hope that we may get legalization sometime soon. But i'm an unbridled optimist.

I have found, is better to meet and visit extensively to see if they are a real match, many times you will find out is not, or maybe just make good new friends. No reason to strain your family and relationship for a blind leap to a mirage. I know some will say if they are a "heaven sent" it will work, but how do we really know? Unless we have a direct FACE TO FACE CONNECTION like Moses..
We just have to have faith is not a waste of time, He is in control and there is a reason even to just make new friends, share, educate, learn. We are just faithful to do our best with His time he gives us to manage.
Guess this is more practical in that sense. In the past, leaped to a flat face splat. Now believe in a longer term friendship first. Time to grow together and see if there is a possibility, similar faith, priorities, willingness to cleave, adapt, etc. Give her a chance to grow so we can grow too. After a couple of years, you will know if it's real or not, good or not so good. In the mean time, friends and travel are great..
We have to be careful, especially in this "free society" to move slow and take sound steps.
Remember..
We are over-criminalized, over-legislated and over-regulated.
If you can, consider moving outside the fence, for several years, to enjoy such freedom of choice for a while. Learn another language along the way.

Last edited:
Back