• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Inheriting the Kingdom...

Scarecrow

While doing a search for adultery or any derivation thereof throughout the scriptures (research for a paper) I came across a passage that was all too familiar, and realized I had not considered it in-depth.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

If it is adultery for a man to have more than one wife concurrently as the Christian and Catholic churches teach, then Abraham, David, Solomon, Gideon, and millions of other men throughout history that have had more than one wife concurrently, will not inherit the kingdom. These verses alone are proof positive that it is NOT sinful for a man to have more than one wife. We are told that God considered Abraham, David, and Gideon as well as many others with concurrent wives to be righteous or were referred to in terms indicating them to be so.

I just can't help but scratch my head and wonder how the churches could possibly miss verses like this and teach contrary to them.

You have brought up an excellent point here, and one that often times overlooked. Who decides who is an adulterer? According to Yahushua in Matthew chapter 19, that is up to YaHuWaH alone because He is the only One that decides who is married. Modern Christianity and governments have decided to take over that judgment from YaHuWaH because they seek to control others. It is the same thing as men deciding who is and who is not a believer because the Word says that YaHuWaH is the only One that makes that determination.

Shabbat Shalom,
Scott

In Luke 16:20-31 we also see proof positive that Abraham, at least, is saved. Jesus himself tells us so.

Dave

Scarecrow said:
I just can't help but scratch my head and wonder how the churches could possibly miss verses like this and teach contrary to them.

Ain't none so blind as them as WILL NOT see.

Back