• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Interesting link

Interesting. So, why does Romney say that he stands firmly on his faith but then act like the polygyny never happened? If you believe you are following the right leader or church, then you should not have to back away from the past that comes along with it. Admittedly many of us don't agree with past doings of those claiming the Christian faith, but Mormons have no such option. If any of the prophets were false or led Mormons into sinful practice, then they could not trust their current leader. Instead, they claim that poly was profitable for that specific time but now is not only less than ideal but officially against church doctrine. You ever wonder where Mitt learned to be wishy washy and change his stance all the time? Got it from his church leaders!

There are two people wanting to be elected. Frankly if I were in your country I'd be supporting the guy who at least sticks to the teachings of his church, including its hypocrisy. Far better than letting the guy who claims to be a Christian but seems to be something quite different underneath have another four years in charge. Honest disagreement to me is far preferable to pretense.

If you ever got the perfect candidate, the 10% of people who would support him would be severely outvoted.

Better a whole muffin than no cake.

Wow, vote for the hypocrite? Yeah that makes sense? :shock:
I hope not everyone in NZ thinks about politics in the same way or else I would really worry for the country.

B

FollowingHim said:
Is one of them NOT a hypocrite Bels?

Hey I have only seen one of them continually changing their stance depending on which audience he is talking to. I believe in evidence, not supposition based upon political bias. There are many people on all sides with integrity, whose words you can trust. This particular man is not one of them. Voting for him just because one doesn't like the other guy is quite foolhardy. But that is the nature of the cult of personality. If one wishes to engage in it.

B

Isabella said:
Hey I have only seen one of them continually changing their stance depending on which audience he is talking to. I believe in evidence, not supposition based upon political bias. There are many people on all sides with integrity, whose words you can trust. This particular man is not one of them. Voting for him just because one doesn't like the other guy is quite foolhardy. But that is the nature of the cult of personality. If one wishes to engage in it.

B
i agree completely.
the guy who keeps "improving" the story about how our embassador died should not expect to be believed despite his cult of personality.
fool us once, ok, we wanted to believe in the hope and change.
fool us twice?....................dang

Wow that is SO comparable Steve.... :geek:

It is like slating the man who once lied about writing off his mum's car when he was 17 whilst accepting the one who kidnapped and killed the hitch-hiker....It is crazy nonsensical....and actually pretty sad. Whatever, it's not my country thank goodness.

B

My father said it like this; "Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, shame on me!"

I don't think he said fool, but I think it did start with "F" :lol:

Isabella said:
Wow that is SO comparable Steve.... :geek:

It is like slating the man who once lied about writing off his mum's car when he was 17 whilst accepting the one who kidnapped and killed the hitch-hiker....It is crazy nonsensical....and actually pretty sad. Whatever, it's not my country thank goodness.

B
huh?
the ambassador was killed just over a month ago and the truth is still being abused.
but hey, ms clinton has accepted all of the responsibility and none of the blame, so i guess that it is all good?

whilst accepting the one who kidnapped and killed the hitch-hiker
i'm sorry, you lost me here.
is it the sin of capitalism that you are referring to?
or carrying the dog on the roof of the car?
denying polygyny?
maybe the ridiculous ad about the guy whose wife died of cancer five years after the failing company that he worked for was shut down?

Back