• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Introduction to the ladies.

tori-moonlight

Female
Hi, I'm a wife/mother in my early 20s. I've been through quite a whirlwind in the last several years and have landed in the west with my husband, son, and a new baby on the way.

Very [very] recently, I've fallen on my face to God and asked him what he really wanted for me and what he really means about being submissive. I asked a lot of complicated questions and the answer I'm getting is a simple, yet resounding yes. "Yes, you can trust your husband, because you can trust me. Yes, I'm revealing my truth to him. Yes, you have a purpose as a woman and I've laid it out in my word for you. Yes, you're supposed to be here, far from your family and comfort, because I've laid a path for you". I don't know what all this means yet, but I don't have to.

I'm here to learn from other women, about plural marriage and many, many other things. I am a bundle of nerves.

About me -
I'm a hot mess truth-seeker. I have debilitating anxiety. I'm a little vain and I like cheese and wine and I swear when my computer freezes. My personal goals for myself include thinking before I speak and learning to speak with grace, relinquishing control, and caring for my home more.

I look forward to meeting you all

Welcome! I truly appreciate your real and honest introduction. Have you seen that there's a ladies chat on Tuesday evenings? It's a great opportunity to get to know other ladies and ask questions and just be a woman with other women.

Welcome! I too am in my 20s (more late 20s now). I can also relate to some of your stages in life, including having a son and a baby on the way. Congrats by the way!
I too am in a new journey of learning what submission really is.. I always thought I was pretty submitted, until the topic of adding wives came up.. Then I learned I am far from it. There are ups and downs in emotions (daily) and I am still in the thick of it.. Prob doesn't help with the added hormones .

Welcome! I too am in my 20s (more late 20s now). I can also relate to some of your stages in life, including having a son and a baby on the way. Congrats by the way!
I too am in a new journey of learning what submission really is.. I always thought I was pretty submitted, until the topic of adding wives came up.. Then I learned I am far from it. There are ups and downs in emotions (daily) and I am still in the thick of it.. Prob doesn't help with the added hormones .
Congrats to you too! I can relate about being emotional. Every day, a few times a day, I feel too weak for this (motherhood, marriage, life...) and I'm definitely still processing this new concept regarding wives. As if my head wasn't spinning enough being a new mom.

I believe in our strength. Keep it up, momma.

Welcome Tori! So glad to have you here. It was good to have you at chat last Tuesday also. I hope we can be of encouragement to you as you start this crazy journey.

Welcome! I know how you feel. I'm in my late 20s with a new baby. She's five mos. God gave me a challenge and made me move from my family and comfort. When I first met my husband God had him telling me about plural marriage. I thought it was strange hearing it from a married man but wasn't weirded out, which is strange now that I look back. Anyways after we got married he counciled me a lot and still does on what it means to be submissive. I didn't grow up the same way my sister wife did. Her preacher taught a lot on being submissive. I've only had the ex

I've only had the example of the women in my family and it's a bad one. Almost everyone is divorced and would be outraged to know that I'm submissive to my husband. I sometimes call him Lord. I strive to serve my husband like I'm serving the Lord. He's leading out family to where we need to be. But I'm not perfect. Working on not arguing and my worst is complaining. The funny thing is that when I look back on the times we argued and I dug my heels into the ground he was actually right and what he said or did was better. When you have a God fearing husband who listens to the thought of the Lord you can trust him enough to follow him. It's showing trust in God.

I've only had the example of the women in my family and it's a bad one. Almost everyone is divorced and would be outraged to know that I'm submissive to my husband. I sometimes call him Lord. I strive to serve my husband like I'm serving the Lord. He's leading out family to where we need to be. But I'm not perfect. Working on not arguing and my worst is complaining. The funny thing is that when I look back on the times we argued and I dug my heels into the ground he was actually right and what he said or did was better. When you have a God fearing husband who listens to the thought of the Lord you can trust him enough to follow him. It's showing trust in God.
Thank you for your reply! It is such a blessing to have a husband who is close to God and the desire to lead in a godly way. It took me awhile to realize and trust that.
I still struggle daily with wanting to retain control, and have clear answers given to me. I'm very curious and kind of confused as to how we will go about meeting a second wife...not to mention we are going to have to move in a couple months, and I'll be 7 months pregnant. I wish God would just show me a vision of what life will be like in one year, where we will be and who will be in my family. Trust and patience is easily my biggest struggle.

Yes it is! He encourages me to seek after God and always tells me that if he hears the Lord speaking through me he will listen. I think people don't understand the difference between someone who is controlling and being submissive. I wouldn't know about finding another wife. I was just led to it by God. God told my husband to make the offer and I found myself saying yes before there was any doubt. There was no doubt or hesitation. Just keep praying for a vision and praying against confusion. God will lead you where you need to be. If you need anything or want to ask me something feel free. It's nice talking to others who are looking into or in a plural marriage

Back