• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Is it Me... Or is it a part of my purpose?

ADHERE

Hello everyone,
I haven't posted in a while. I always frequent BF site, but I had to step back so to speak to assess things. First I must say, I tried to shake and dismiss the thought of taken on a second wife. Every time the thought of it came to mind I tried to think on other things... but with no success. I know that everyone is not cut out for plural marriage. But why can't I shake it? Still the thought of having a second wife stays at the fore front of my mind. For me, is this a part of my purpose? Or is it the fact that I have studied the subject for so long that it has become a part of my thinking pattern?

ADHERE said:
For me, is this a part of my purpose? Or is it the fact that I have studied the subject for so long that it has become a part of my thinking pattern?

It is you, sir.

And you have a purpose. :)

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Ephesians 2:10

What led you to study poly in the first place? There are a lot of pastors/reverends/etc. who "forbid" marriage that is allowed by God. There are a lot more who simply stay silent on the matter because they don't wanna rock the boat.

You can be a good church leader without even touching poly. But there are only a few who would dare risk everything in their known/usual life for this simple truth in a marriage relationship.

Thank you Pebble. After I learned the truth about plural marriage, I fully embraced the teachings of it from scripture. I studied plural marriage because I found out that my Father practiced it. Long story short. The reality is there are many pastors that will label you a heretic without even studying it for themselves, and yes some will stay silent knowing the truth of it. But for me. I know the truth and I believe one day I will be blessed to take on another wife and continue to enjoy the wife of my youth....

Welcome, sir.

I certainly know the feeling and I can assure you of one person outside of your immediate family who will not ostracize you for following the leading of the Holy Ghost, if that matters. :)

Back