• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Is there really such thing as biblical marriage?

It is interesting that you refer to UK law prohibiting bigamy/polygamy, yet I would bet money that there are thousands (probably tens of thousands) of muslim men in the UK that have multiple wives, yet the legal system largely overlooks it. There may even be a few Christian immigrants from Africa that have multiple wives.

Legal minute of marriage aside, the political reality is the state is arrayed against native Britons while letting immigrants get away with all manner if ill behavior.

The Cepher Bible uses the original Hebrew names. Instead of wife, you see the word "woman" used. As in, ' he took him another woman." I call mine ' my women'. We try our best to refrain from using the terms wife and husband. But, we will use it for understanding's sake when talking to others who do no understand this. But all in all my women see themselves as just that- my women.

I suggest we all get into ECARS.

ECARS are not the latest new-fangled electrical forms of conveyance but rather
Edenic Covenants of Abrahamic Relationship.

Edenic:
ECARS predate sin and therefore predate all, every, and any form of religion. Quite obviously ECARS also predate any national laws. They also predate both monogamous and polygamous forms of marriage. (They also predate sex and children if we need to go there.)

Covenants: ECARS are lifelong agreements made between men and women in accordance with divine laws for the procreation of children (Mal 2:15). Although each ECAR is made between one man and one woman, a man can enter into a number of ECARS with different women simultaneously.

Abrahamic: This takes us straight past Adam to Abraham who established ECARS with multiple women which was a means of blessing. Christ recommended that we do the works of Abraham (John 8:39) but where is it recommended that we do the works of Adam?

Relationship: An in word that avoids saying "marriage".

Example: "Oh, we're all into ECARS here..."
Interesting! I like Abraham!

Back