• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

It's been a while

Jennifer

Female
Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I have logged on. I have been beyond busy. We took in my sister in law who is pregnant out of wedlock. It's proving to be very difficult and for her sake and ours we may have to find her a pregnancy home. She's not following the rules Nathan laid out for her and I am not strong enough to force her. On another note, Nathan has a couple of potentials with whom he has been talking. One he works with and another is my friend. He is very cautious after past experiences and is going at a snail's pace, haha. I trust him 110% though. I had emergency surgery a few weeks ago and they let Nathan come home for a bit. It was nice to see him. If you could pray about this situation with my sister in law, I would appreciate it. On that same note, I think it would be great if she had a husband but unfortunately right now I think she would grieve her husband more than anything.

Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I have logged on. I have been beyond busy. We took in my sister in law who is pregnant out of wedlock. It's proving to be very difficult and for her sake and ours we may have to find her a pregnancy home. She's not following the rules Nathan laid out for her and I am not strong enough to force her. On another note, Nathan has a couple of potentials with whom he has been talking. One he works with and another is my friend. He is very cautious after past experiences and is going at a snail's pace, haha. I trust him 110% though. I had emergency surgery a few weeks ago and they let Nathan come home for a bit. It was nice to see him. If you could pray about this situation with my sister in law, I would appreciate it. On that same note, I think it would be great if she had a husband but unfortunately right now I think she would grieve her husband more than anything.
Praying

Prayers

Hey, there! Sure hoping you're recovering well from the recent surgery. Your sister-in-law is struggling in so many ways. In the midst of her struggles it's difficult to navigate your days, especially with Nathan away. She is where she is because she didn't think rules and/or boundaries were important. Try to value the fact that she is choosing life for this dear child whom she carries. There are pregnancy homes for unwed mothers, but they always of necessity have rules also. Having worked in connection with the Hope Pregnancy Center of Tulsa who previously provided just such a home, I'm all too well aware of the challenges for these young women, the homes attempting to provide housing and care during the pregnancy, and for you. Dear heart, take courage and let the Lord GOD lead you. You're standing in the gap so you're vulnerable. With Nathan's leadership, the two of you will be able to determine the best course for your home. Please don't second guess God when He shows you what to do. TRUST Him and lean not unto your own understanding!

Blessings to you, my sister, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Back