• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

It's time for me to leave

Bartato

Seasoned Member
Real Person*
Male
Greetings brothers, sisters, and friends!

I've decided to leave the forum.
I just wanted to say goodbye, and wish you all well.

I'm fine. Please don't worry about me. Nothing major has come up. I just decided that it was time for me to move on.

I believe I have a different vision of the Faith than some here (particularly disagreeing about HR/TO). I'm also far less enthusiastic about polygyny than many, or most.

As some of you recall, I had a spiritual experience about two years ago that changed my outlook on everything, including polygamy. I became a lot less enthusiastic about plural marriage.

Yes, I clearly understand that polygyny is legitimate marriage. I know we've been lied to about the subject, all our lives.

I intend to keep pushing forward the Biblical and patriarchal framework for sexuality, marriage, and culture. The Biblical order clearly has a place for polygyny.

I believe it is entirely possible for a man to have multiple wives, and also glorify Christ in his family.

I also think some guys (including my past self) get overly exited about it and often make a big mess.

Comment here if you like, or send me a PM if you want. I'll plan to check back in here for the next day or two before asking the moderators to close my account.

I appreciate you all. I've enjoyed the company, learned some things, grown, and been well entertained.

I've really benefitted from this site.
Special thanks to Samuel

May the Lord bless all of you.

There is no need to leave, just don’t visit and read as much. If you don’t feel the desire to participate, don’t. You are under no obligation.
Most of us have taken unplanned sabbaticals now and again. It’s not a life choice.

There is no need to leave, just don’t visit and read as much. If you don’t feel the desire to participate, don’t. You are under no obligation.
Most of us have taken unplanned sabbaticals now and again. It’s not a life choice.
Thanks Steve! 👍
I'll send you a pm with a little more info

Agreed, we really couldn’t close your account anyway. It’s way too tied up in too many conversations.

Take a break, check back in one day if life gets too boring.

Greetings brothers, sisters, and friends!

I've decided to leave the forum.
I just wanted to say goodbye, and wish you all well.

I'm fine. Please don't worry about me. Nothing major has come up. I just decided that it was time for me to move on.

I believe I have a different vision of the Faith than some here (particularly disagreeing about HR/TO). I'm also far less enthusiastic about polygyny than many, or most.

As some of you recall, I had a spiritual experience about two years ago that changed my outlook on everything, including polygamy. I became a lot less enthusiastic about plural marriage.

Yes, I clearly understand that polygyny is legitimate marriage. I know we've been lied to about the subject, all our lives.

I intend to keep pushing forward the Biblical and patriarchal framework for sexuality, marriage, and culture. The Biblical order clearly has a place for polygyny.

I believe it is entirely possible for a man to have multiple wives, and also glorify Christ in his family.

I also think some guys (including my past self) get overly exited about it and often make a big mess.

Comment here if you like, or send me a PM if you want. I'll plan to check back in here for the next day or two before asking the moderators to close my account.

I appreciate you all. I've enjoyed the company, learned some things, grown, and been well entertained.

I've really benefitted from this site.
Special thanks to Samuel

May the Lord bless all of you.
Good luck in the future, may your dreams come true and may harmony find you

I’m really sorry to see you go. I appreciate your perspective and input on conversations.

Thank you for your many and thoughtful contributions @Bartato. I've appreciated having a fellow believer in the absolute sovereignty of Almighty God and the authority of His Word here in the forum. I feel like I'll be losing a comrade in the trenches, someone who's had my back in the battles. Best wishes for whatever plans God has for you and your wife going forward. If you are ever over my way, there's a room for you to stop by. Cheers

Thank you for your many and thoughtful contributions @Bartato. I've appreciated having a fellow believer in the absolute sovereignty of Almighty God and the authority of His Word here in the forum. I feel like I'll be losing a comrade in the trenches, someone who's had my back in the battles. Best wishes for whatever plans God has for you and your wife going forward. If you are ever over my way, there's a room for you to stop by. Cheers
Thank you

Can anyone enlighten me as to what they meant by "HR/TO"? Either I've not had enough caffeine, or I've never seen that.
It could be many things. But my guess is narrowed down too two. Just being observant..bracing for shaming.

Human Resources / Toodle-Oo?

Or

Hebrew Roots / Torah Observant ?

@Bartato

I have enjoyed your contributions here and will miss you. I understand your feelings though and will not argue with you about that.

regards,

Megan

Sad to see you go @Bartato. Blessings to you and your family.

I’ve enjoyed reading your posts.

I echo what others have said. Just take a break. A long break if needed. I’m somewhat in a mini-break right now. I’ve been posting less recently. I’ve just been too busy. I hope you’ll consider that.

Back