• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Meat Jesus' Perspective on Polygyny

PeteR

Staff member
Real Person
Male
I have just released Jesus' Perspective on Polygyny over at Academia.com.

It is a companion piece to the original Paul's Perspective on Polygyny

Please read and share... Paul's Perspective has been in circulation for couple years with increasing. The new paper, Jesus' Perspective has started out hot!

Thanks are due to @NickF and @ABlessedMan for their suggestions and contributions.

Well cut my legs off and call me shortie. That paper was phenomenal. @PeteR, I never made the connection to Paul’s reference to levirate marriage! 🤯😍

Ohhhh boy I’m adding that to muh book!

Awesome!!

I just read the Paul one and I think that you miss an extra layer when you don’t bring in the meaning of the word that was translated as widow.
“Widows that are widows indeed” loses the train of thought when your mind reads “widows whose husbands are truly dead”. When it actually means ladies who are bereft of husbands and other family members who should be helping them.
It is also addressed in the unbelieving husbands who leave, which I believe is the main source of the “widows”. Women who accepted the new teachings and were abandoned for their beliefs. These women would be, probably, outside of the family that should have been her support because the other family members hadn’t accepted the truth and were rejecting her.

Btw: who would have thought that another Peter Rambo was also writing papers?

I just read the Paul one and I think that you miss an extra layer when you don’t bring in the meaning of the word that was translated as widow.
“Widows that are widows indeed” loses the train of thought when your mind reads “widows whose husbands are truly dead”. When it actually means ladies who are bereft of husbands and other family members who should be helping them.
It is also addressed in the unbelieving husbands who leave, which I believe is the main source of the “widows”. Women who accepted the new teachings and were abandoned for their beliefs. These women would be, probably, outside of the family that should have been her support because the other family members hadn’t accepted the truth and were rejecting her.

Btw: who would have thought that another Peter Rambo was also writing papers?
Good point. I'm thinking in the not too distant future those papers and related research will be expanded into another book.... gotta get current stuff stabilized and growing, then back to the writing.

Great work Peter!

*typo in the title of this thread, worth fixing just for the SEO (searching that could lead to this thread)

😂😂 fat-fingered that.. unfortunately, not sure I can change that...

My fingers or phone hate 'uiop' as I constantly get odd or wrong words out of that part of the keyboard on my phone.

Edit: Shazam! I can edit thread titles! Seems that wasn't an option a while back... but, it's there now!

Last edited:
Just read the latest, good stuff! 😊

Back