• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

July 4th - Favorite book?

The Key Trilogy by Nora Roberts. Chronicles of Narnia. Radical by David Platt.

Hinds Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard
Unbroken--life story of Louie Zamperini
Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingles Wilder
Louis L'amour westerns
I never tire of reading autobiographies, biographies, and accurate historical novels
The Bible is my all-time favorite. I seldom ever read a book twice but never tire of the inexhaustable riches found in Scripture!

Hinds Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard
Unbroken--life story of Louie Zamperini
Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingles Wilder
Louis L'amour westerns
I never tire of reading autobiographies, biographies, and accurate historical novels
The Bible is my all-time favorite. I seldom ever read a book twice but never tire of the inexhaustable riches found in Scripture!

I did love Hinds Feet! It reminded me a lot of Prilgrims Progress which is one of my favorites too! I've read the Little House books but it has been awhile and I should read them again. I've never read any Louis L'amour books, but my dad has a bunch so I'll try to borrow some and try them out. I've also never heard of Unbroken so I'll have to look into that also :)

I did love Hinds Feet! It reminded me a lot of Prilgrims Progress which is one of my favorites too! I've read the Little House books but it has been awhile and I should read them again. I've never read any Louis L'amour books, but my dad has a bunch so I'll try to borrow some and try them out. I've also never heard of Unbroken so I'll have to look into that also :)

If you like Westerns, which I do very much, you'll enjoy any of Louis L'amour's books. Zane Grey is also a great writer of Westerns but has not language in his. My dad cussed like a sailor so reading L'amour doesn't bother me. I don't personally use the language and never allowed it in my home with my children.

As for Unbroken, it's a little lenghthy but so well worth the read. There's so much personal characterization in the real-life struggles of POW's vs. enemy soldiers. It's also pretty graphic in some places. You'll not be the same after you read it.

I just thought of another one--Praying Hyde, the life story of John Hyde. It, too, is no short read. If you take it seriously, you will reach a point in the book where you'll either have to deal with things in your own personal relationship with the Lord or just put the book down and walk away from it.

I used to have all the JD Robb series, but they started getting a little to dark for me so I got rid of them.

I love reading about the Amish, and have started reading books by Collen Coble. They are Christian mystery reads.

I've never heard of the Robb series; however I occasionally will pick up an Amish themed book. Time is my problem.

I used to have all the JD Robb series, but they started getting a little to dark for me so I got rid of them.

I love reading about the Amish, and have started reading books by Collen Coble. They are Christian mystery reads.

I am on about book 3 of the In Death series so not very far in, I can see how they could get to dark though! I will have to look into Collen Coble!
However I read Under the Heavens by Thomas Nye, it's a true story about an Amish family that actually is about a half hour from where we live.

I am on about book 3 of the In Death series so not very far in, I can see how they could get to dark though! I will have to look into Collen Coble!
However I read Under the Heavens by Thomas Nye, it's a true story about an Amish family that actually is about a half hour from where we live.
I will see about getting under the heavens. I would love to meet an Amish family. When we visited my son in Maryland a couple of months ago, we saw 4 buggies and I was so excited. It was a first for me. I love the commitment and simplistic life style, but so much work and devotion.

Back