• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

July 7th - Favorite movie?

RainyLondonFog

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
1529818872553.jpg
Mine are the Lord of The Ring movies. There's so much going on in the books that can be applied to the spiritual battles we face. I love them and think they did a good job telling the story that's in the books, even if they weren't able to add in Tom Bombadil. :)

Gosh all these favourites! I find it so hard. There are ones I like, ones I don't like, some I really like a lot, but there isn't one that sticks out as my favourite above all else.
I used to really like Independence Day, but that has changed over the years.
I really like Firefly and it's movie Serenity. Part of that is because it's unique and how well written it is, but it also brings back wonderful memories of Samuel and I dating when we would watch it together on television.
I quite like the Marvel movies, but not to watch them over and over again. Once or twice is fine. Although I think I've watched the first Avengers movie 3 or so times by now.
The Sound Of Music is another one. I watched it a lot when I was young, and then took a big break and watched it as an adult. It's funny how when you watch things as an adult you pick up on lots of things you didn't as a child. For example, there is a war going on and Nazis involved. I had no idea about that as a kid lol, they sang great songs and they ran away from the bad guys at the end, that was my extent of knowledge ha ha!

Mine are the Lord of The Ring movies. There's so much going on in the books that can be applied to the spiritual battles we face. I love them and think they did a good job telling the story that's in the books, even if they weren't able to add in Tom Bombadil.
Samuel doesn't like that they removed him from the story either. When I first watched the movies I didn't like them or understand what was going on really. I told Samuel that after we'd gotten married and he was surprised then said they weren't as good as the books because they removed Tom Bombadil. I said "Who?" and that was the moment when Samuel made me read every single one of the Lord Of The Rings books from beginning to end lol! Then it all made a lot more sense and was far more interesting!

Gosh all these favourites! I find it so hard. There are ones I like, ones I don't like, some I really like a lot, but there isn't one that sticks out as my favourite above all else.
I used to really like Independence Day, but that has changed over the years.
I really like Firefly and it's movie Serenity. Part of that is because it's unique and how well written it is, but it also brings back wonderful memories of Samuel and I dating when we would watch it together on television.
I quite like the Marvel movies, but not to watch them over and over again. Once or twice is fine. Although I think I've watched the first Avengers movie 3 or so times by now.
The Sound Of Music is another one. I watched it a lot when I was young, and then took a big break and watched it as an adult. It's funny how when you watch things as an adult you pick up on lots of things you didn't as a child. For example, there is a war going on and Nazis involved. I had no idea about that as a kid lol, they sang great songs and they ran away from the bad guys at the end, that was my extent of knowledge ha ha!

Samuel doesn't like that they removed him from the story either. When I first watched the movies I didn't like them or understand what was going on really. I told Samuel that after we'd gotten married and he was surprised then said they weren't as good as the books because they removed Tom Bombadil. I said "Who?" and that was the moment when Samuel made me read every single one of the Lord Of The Rings books from beginning to end lol! Then it all made a lot more sense and was far more interesting!

Sorry for all the favorite questions! I'm trying to keep to mostly easy questions that would be 'safe' for people to feel like answering without dragging out things people may feel is pushing their comfort boundaries. Our mops did a lot of favorite questions, but also some deep ones 'like what is something you need to forgive yourself for' but I'm a little hesitant to ask such personal questions as we're such a conservative group. I'll try to find some none favorite questions!

Independence Day was a good one. So are Firefly and Serenity. A friend brought over the series to our house shortly after Slumber and I got married so I have good feelings attached to them too. I feel the same about the Marvel movies. I actually haven't seen The Sound of Music which is a shame because my husband is related to them lol, but I hope to soon. :)

Sorry for all the favorite questions! I'm trying to keep to mostly easy questions that would be 'safe' for people to feel like answering without dragging out things people may feel is pushing their comfort boundaries. Our mops did a lot of favorite questions, but also some deep ones 'like what is something you need to forgive yourself for' but I'm a little hesitant to ask such personal questions as we're such a conservative group. I'll try to find some none favorite questions!
No that's fine! It sort of makes sense to get to know each other better. I guess the word 'favourite' is hard for me because I don't often have individual things that I think are the best, but I have groups of them.
Asking really deep questions is probably not for online here, it's something that would be best at the ladies retreat or something.

Favorite chick flick - sweet home Alabama
Favorite to watch with husband - count of monte cristo

This is a hard one for me. I don’t really have a favorite right now but my childhood favorite was Mary Poppins. I can still quote the movie word for word. My kids find that amazing! Hahaha

Favorite chick flick - sweet home Alabama
Favorite to watch with husband - count of monte cristo
Sweet Home Alabama is a good one!! I don't think I've seen Count of Monte Cristo!

This is a hard one for me. I don’t really have a favorite right now but my childhood favorite was Mary Poppins. I can still quote the movie word for word. My kids find that amazing! Hahaha
Oh yes, Mary Poppins is a great one!!

No that's fine! It sort of makes sense to get to know each other better. I guess the word 'favourite' is hard for me because I don't often have individual things that I think are the best, but I have groups of them.
Asking really deep questions is probably not for online here, it's something that would be best at the ladies retreat or something.

Oh okay! Yes I agree it didn't seem right to me to use some of their deeper questions. :)

@RainyLondonFog oh you must rent it and watch it with your hubs!

We just shared The Count of Monte Cristo with my visiting nephews.....and let some of our children watch it too.
Definitely one that leaves you not feeling bad for the bad guys, and satisfies a sense of justice to a point.
I love the sound of music. Read the biography of Maria too. Neat family that lived their faith. It improved my empathy for and opinion of catholics.....or at least proved to me there are a few good ones. :)
I like many movies for different reasons.
In the vein of family entertainment I like a lot of old Disney. Swiss Family Robinson...or one in the same era that is delightful The Third Man on the Mountain....it has some of the same cast.

The Princess Bride is a favorite here.....and Second Hand Lions is like it in many ways.

View attachment 433
Mine are the Lord of The Ring movies. There's so much going on in the books that can be applied to the spiritual battles we face. I love them and think they did a good job telling the story that's in the books, even if they weren't able to add in Tom Bombadil. :)

My gripe with the Lord if the rings is the same gripe I have with star wars, they make too much of the dark side, or the dark side is portrayed as too powerful.
I read all 1077 pages in the LOTR trilogy long ago.
My favorite semi recent for all the metaphors and parallels I see to prophesy and prophetic characters is Alice in Wonderland. I will be happy to explain if anyone is interested.
I also like The Finest Hours because there is such an amazing true story behind the event, and Sully was good for the same reason. I love how what could have ruined him, instead launched his retirement business. To me it was a real world fulfillment of All things work together for good to them who love the Lord. Sully is a Christian.

I like even a movie that is sad, as long as it is true to life....and affirms the TRUTH.
The Changling was that sort, but showed the fault and corruption that accompanies man's system of government. We need to do things God's way again! The Shawshank Redemption is another of this sort, as is The Felon.

Saw a fun oldie the other day called Captain Blood. Oh so many fun reversals in a swashbuckling tale of a good doctor turned good pirate, who then gets to be upright and legit again. Errol Flyn plays the captain...for anyone old enough to remember....he was Robin Hood once upon a time in an OLD movie.

Please pardon the length of my post. Thanks for the threads! @RainyLondonFog :)

My all time favorite movie is "An Officer and A Gentleman" with Richard Gere and Debra Winger. I am a romantic at heart and this movie brings about the transformation of a young man with no cares or worries in the world to be an upright and upstanding soldier and to be a man that Paula deserves.

Fried Green Tomatoes. Steel Magnolias. Titanic. Gran Torino...ANYTHING CLINT EASTWOOD-oh, baby!!

Back