• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Just read an article by TGC

What has been my experience is, believers in polygyny have a moral absolute as their foundation and as others have said, "more conservative." If God/the Word is not my moral absolute, then what or who is? Typically me. Not a good basis at all for defending an argument. Believers in polyamory have a little more than themselves as the moral absolute, with biblical and other references to support their argument; hence, their argument fails quickly because they are the absolute. In the article, the adherents would use many personal pronouns to defend their argument. For example, "I feel, I found Paul's, etc." Really? Based on what? C. S. Lewis, R. C. Sprout, and many others would have them for lunch. That is why liberals have to scream their opinions, beat anyone that disagrees, lie about the opposing view, and protest with violence. "When the debat is lost, slander is the tool of the loser." -Socrates Not good at all. Great arguments leave self out of it. On the Edenic view, if one was to look at the the Scrpiture Matthew 19:4-9 where Jesus said "at the beginning" (4) and "from the beginning" (9). At the beginning is 1 male, 1 female in all creation. From the beginning is 1 male, many females in all creation. "At" was before the fall. "From" was after the fall. Plus, for one to fully see polygyny we must find where it originated in Scripture, why it was allowed, and what caused it to be. Hint: It wasn't an apple, apricot, bandanna, passion fruit, or anything like that that caused the "fallen/new covenant" found in Genesis. A great sermon on this can be found online. It is by an evangelist in the mid-20th century. It is simple to understand (he had an 8th grade education). It is a great sermon to add to one's collection in defending Biblical marriage. The title is, "Marriage and Divorce," 65-0221M, by William Branham. These postings and discussions on the TGC article are great. I so enjoy the loving discussions and sharing. My self, I used to be an ardent apologist. Now, not so much. I have been kicked out of four denominations, threatened with physical harm, and bodily mutilation. Now my wife and I look to share. That way the "fights" are less "harmful." In the many topics here on Biblical Families the interactions are serving others, nurturing, and loving. It is quite the contrast from being on the "front lines of the battle field." Just refreshing. Thank you all.

Currently interacting with a poster named Leroy. He's a bit feisty.

Dear Leroy,

You said one man to one woman. You didn't add a qualifier. Those were your words. You said Adam and Eve were the example. Adam only had one wife, so if he is our example we only get one, period. You chose to use Adam as the absolute example.

You said the "leave and cleave" verse provided the blueprint for marriage. If we apply all of that verse as the standard, then if a man doesn't leave his father and mother, he isn't qualified to marry. That's the entirety of the verse you selected to prove polygyny was not permitted. If you're going to use a verse, and want it to be applied to all of marriage, apply the entire verse at all times, not selectively.

The whole counsel of God must be accounted for, not just one verse. That's a poor hermeneutical approach. You are being dogmatic in areas the Bible doesn't require you to be. You need to be dogmatic in calling a sin a sin. This article did a fabulous job of pointing out the obvious sin of polyamory, not biblical polygyny.

Search the entirety of scripture to accuse a polygynist Christian brother of sin. When you find the verse or verses that defines it as such, please post it for all of us.

My brother, you don't have to think polygyny is a good idea, nor do you need to advocate for it for every man, but you cannot call something a sin that God does not. You don't have the right to put words in God's mouth.

Peace

Currently interacting with a poster named Leroy. He's a bit feisty.

Dear Leroy,

You said one man to one woman. You didn't add a qualifier. Those were your words. You said Adam and Eve were the example. Adam only had one wife, so if he is our example we only get one, period. You chose to use Adam as the absolute example.

You said the "leave and cleave" verse provided the blueprint for marriage. If we apply all of that verse as the standard, then if a man doesn't leave his father and mother, he isn't qualified to marry. That's the entirety of the verse you selected to prove polygyny was not permitted. If you're going to use a verse, and want it to be applied to all of marriage, apply the entire verse at all times, not selectively.

The whole counsel of God must be accounted for, not just one verse. That's a poor hermeneutical approach. You are being dogmatic in areas the Bible doesn't require you to be. You need to be dogmatic in calling a sin a sin. This article did a fabulous job of pointing out the obvious sin of polyamory, not biblical polygyny.

Search the entirety of scripture to accuse a polygynist Christian brother of sin. When you find the verse or verses that defines it as such, please post it for all of us.

My brother, you don't have to think polygyny is a good idea, nor do you need to advocate for it for every man, but you cannot call something a sin that God does not. You don't have the right to put words in God's mouth.

Peace
God never regulates or in some cases encourages that which He condemns. Spot on Bro!

Last edited:
Awe man, I can't believe I missed out on the fun.
Been so crazy busy lately. Good find @Kevin
Great you guys got him to change the "polygamy" to "polyamory"!

Back