• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Just wondering....

The Revolting Man

Staff member
Real Person
Male
Not to be pushy, I'm just excited, but has there been any word on where the North Carolina retreat might be?

Still deciding on where to have it but it looks like some place other than NC. Hope you will still come though. :)

Julie, Do you know when the retreat will be? We can't wait to see you all again! ;))

We have posted a July 23 date on the Home page but we might need to change it. Will let you know once we decide. Can't wait to see you again too.

Hey my wife and I are new to plural marriages and are wanting to find that special someone we can add to our family. We were interested in your retreats and were curious if the retreats would help us find that special someone or if they are meant more for already established couples.

It is plausible that you could by complete chance happen to stumble upon a wife there, just as you might happen to stumble upon one at your local church. The probability is similarly low. The retreats are not a dating service, they're more like a church camp. If you already know someone you'd like to meet in person they're a good safe place to arrange to meet up, but don't count on meeting a new single woman there.

My advice on meeting someone is simply:
PRAY. Meet people in real life, anywhere. PRAY. Meet more people in real life, anywhere. PRAY

If God brought you one wife, and He plans to give you a second, He is just as capable of bringing her to you as well.

alexdevon89 said:
Hey my wife and I are new to plural marriages and are wanting to find that special someone we can add to our family. We were interested in your retreats and were curious if the retreats would help us find that special someone or if they are meant more for already established couples.

Samuel gave you a lot of good information. I would just like to add that, at least in my experience, most of the women who I saw at the retreats I've been to were already married. The reason that they were there is because they were in polygamous marriages and looking for the emotional support of a like-minded community.

The few single women that I saw were usually daughters of families. While I will admit that marriageable age daughters do occasionally attend the retreats that doesn't mean that they themselves are interested in a polygamous marriage.

It does mean that they have several watchful parental figures, who are frequently armed, looking out for their well being. As one young woman I overheard speaking at a retreat put it, "Pedophilia? Ha! I've got four moms with shotguns who would blast the balls off of any man who tried to touch me." (an unknown young woman at a BF retreat c.2010-2011)

So even if you did find an unattached woman at a retreat the best idea would be to approach carefully and respectfully or not at all. 'Not at all' is the option that I chose. That's also the option that I would advise for other men as well. There are too many other opportunities for meeting a potential new wife without risking being ostracized from the community because an over-protective parental figure filed a complaint with the BF leadership regarding your treatment of his/her 21 year old daughter.

You're welcome.

Back