• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Kenya polygamy retreat

nathan

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
OK, so this isn't BF putting this on, but it'd be cool if someone we know could attend and tell us about it. Better get on it, it's next weekend!

I know there's a couple BF guys wanting to travel to Ghana soon, and make some connections there.

Seriously, we've gotten a lot of emails from Christians supporting plural marriage in Africa over the last 15 years, but there's little we've been able to offer them, due to time and money constraints. Be great if we are able to be a little more internationally involved in the future.

Last edited:
OK, before someone else points it out - I had missed the first link's picture with this text:
Women Only
Free Breast Cancer Exam
Makes me wonder if the image even goes with the event, since other links say "The first-ever conference which targets on hosting men and women who are either polygamous or are in the set up will be happening in Nairobi".

There's plenty of time to get there if you're keen. The first BF retreat I attended I think @nathan invited me to a week before, and my passport was expired at the time. I renewed my passport under urgency, got leave from work and was on a plane less than a week later. If your passport is current you won't have that delay. If you feel any leading to attend this, just do it.

Since Nairobi is just around the corner and a popular place for direct flights, it should be a breeze, right. ;) Hey, I haven't even made it to a USA meet-up yet. Come on.

Since Nairobi is just around the corner and a popular place for direct flights, it should be a breeze, right.
Seriously - it is probably very simple. It's a major tourist hub and there will be tonnes of flights. @FollowingHim2 has been there before.

It's just a hop over one ocean @frederick, and if you decided to return by keeping going straight ahead you could pop in and see @nathan on the way back home. :)

OK, so this isn't BF putting this on, but it'd be cool if someone we know could attend and tell us about it. Better get on it, it's next weekend!

I know there's a couple BF guys wanting to travel to Ghana soon, and make some connections there.

Seriously, we've gotten a lot of emails from Christians supporting plural marriage in Africa over the last 15 years, but there's little we've been able to offer them, due to time and money constraints. Be great if we are able to be a little more internationally involved in the future.
It's a trojan horse muslim event arranged by halaleventbrite.co.ke

It's a trojan horse muslim event arranged by halaleventbrite.co.ke
Thanks for that info. I wouldn't dismiss it entirely just because it's organised by Muslims, but it's important to know that.

It's actually quite confusing what's going on, as some sources describe it as for men and women, while others say it is women only. I wonder if there are actually two different conferences happening in conjunction with each other.

Some places talk about a "Beyond Polygamy" conference for men and women:
While others talk about a "Women in polygamy - Unveiling the mysteries" conference. This one at least appears to be organised by Muslims but explicitly intended to be inclusive of Christians also.
It actually makes complete sense that there would be two events simultaneously, one being women-only, and one mixed, as that's very similar to what we do with mixed retreats and women's retreats, which shows it's a very natural arrangement - we just don't do them both on the same weekend.

You'd need to clarify this before jumping on a plane.

Thanks for that info. I wouldn't dismiss it entirely just because it's organised by Muslims, but it's important to know that.

It's actually quite confusing what's going on, as some sources describe it as for men and women, while others say it is women only. I wonder if there are actually two different conferences happening in conjunction with each other.

Some places talk about a "Beyond Polygamy" conference for men and women:
While others talk about a "Women in polygamy - Unveiling the mysteries" conference. This one at least appears to be organised by Muslims but explicitly intended to be inclusive of Christians also.
It actually makes complete sense that there would be two events simultaneously, one being women-only, and one mixed, as that's very similar to what we do with mixed retreats and women's retreats, which shows it's a very natural arrangement - we just don't do them both on the same weekend.

You'd need to clarify this before jumping on a plane.
If its a muslim event I 100% dismiss it, denounce it and pray against it, the only reason I would go there is to expose the muslim teaching on marriage which is horrendous and blatantly evil.

The event doesn't actually make sense, polygyny has been a norm in Kenya for millennia, as I have shared before on my mothers side polygyny has been the norm for generations, and polygyny was legalized a good few years ago in Kenya after Obama went to Kenya attempting to push the gay agenda.

The only reason they are doing this is to gain inroads into the inner regions of Kenya from the coastal outskirts like mombassa and malindi etc, where there is a growing number of muslims.

Muslims holding an event on polygyny in Kenya is a blatant trojan horse event. I suggest you study up on the muslim teaching on marriage and their position regarding women and rethink your position on this issue and encouraging people to go.

The event is like muslims coming to London UK and holding an event on fish and chips and BLT sandwiches (Bacon Lettuce and Tomato), it makes no sense.

Last edited:
If its a muslim event I 100% dismiss it, denounce it and pray against it, the only reason I would go there is to expose the muslim teaching on marriage which is horrendous and blatantly evil.

The event doesn't actually make sense, polygyny has been a norm in Kenya for millennia, as I have shared before on my mothers side polygyny has been the norm for generations, and polygyny was legalized a good few years ago in Kenya after Obama went to Kenya attempting to push the gay agenda.

The only reason they are doing this is to gain inroads into the inner regions of Kenya from the coastal outskirts like mombassa and malindi etc, where there is a growing number of muslims.

Muslims holding an event on polygyny in Kenya is a blatant trojan horse event. I suggest you study up on the muslim teaching on marriage and their position regarding women and rethink your position on this issue and encouraging people to go.

The event is like muslims coming to London UK and holding an event on fish and chips and BLT sandwiches (Bacon Lettuce and Tomato), it makes no sense.

I agree 100%. This is a love jihad event trawling for vulnerable Christian women.

Back