• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Kids

AlexaH

Female
Ladies,
I am curious how you all dealt with your kids asking questions about why Polygyny. We have teens in the house and they are starting to ask questions especially scripture and I don't have a really in depth list of scripture that I can give him. Also, we were going to church and the kids were getting involved in youth group but they started asking questions about our relationship and it started making us all uncomfortable. The husband suggested sitting down with the Pastor and his wife and explaining things and seeing what happens. I personally am in the let's not and just do home church because I feel like it will open us up to possibly having someone called that we don't really want to deal with. If you all ladies have some thoughts etc it would be greatly appreciated. Sorry I keep missing ladies chat with you all it's the same time as dinner here and I get so busy.
AlexaH

Our children all know about our beliefs, but we are not living it. As I believe you are please bounce any ideas off your hubby as he is the one responsible for deciding your family's course.

We have no church or school to deal with so it is only neighbors and family we have to deal with. We have been pretty outspoken about our beliefs. Most in our small community like our children and think we are raising good and very helpful young people. We all help others whenever we can and believe it will help if in the future our family ever has a plural marriage for us or our children.

Treating others with grace and love when they shun you or try to cause problems could be tough. I hope you find acceptance and open minded people.....but if you don't I pray y'all are such good examples of Christian love that you win your enemies over. :)

The kids all know that we believe in plural marriage. I think it's hard for them because we are now living in a small town as opposed to the former church with 8,000 on a Sunday morning versus a Church of 75 to 100 on a Sunday Morning. Of course bouncing ideas off of Hubby in fact he suggested I post here to see what all you would do as we pray and seek wise counsel on the subject. I think 15 is a hard age already and then to see your family go from a two parent relationship to adding someone else in is harder. He occasionally will make comments about how he doesn't want me here with his mom and dad and then other times he's simply the complete opposite. They tried this before with another lady and she walked out after three years and I think he's worried about similar situations happening. The 13 year old on the other hand has been much more accepting and he's like I don't understand why people will accept the murder of babies but won't accept this as valid. The smaller children especially the youngest is my little buddy. He loves me with the sweetest pure love. Even when I have had a day and have been a jerk he comes up and hugs me and says,"I love you". I am glad that the Lord has blessed me with these kids to help mold and shape into future men and women of God.
Alexa H

Our children kinda got burned a bit when we got to know a potential almost 8 years ago that backed out. She came for a five week visit with our family and with everyone making memories while she was here, everyone felt her decision in a more personal way. Our daughter that is now 18 was probably impacted more then the boys, or the younger girl who was a baby and remembers nothing.

Those ages are each going to be different in how they view the changes in the family. It sounds like you are all on the right track though. :)

Back