• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Ladies Chat - Tuesday nights, 7:30p EST

Added to Calendar: 52 dates

I just can't get used to seeing myself. My family used to use Marco polo. I'd get these videos from them taken in their car on the way to appointments ......hair done, makeup, ...I'd get to the end and the camara would automatically flip to me....and it was usually a ...no way kinda moment.
I'm OK meeting and talking to people.....I just have to tell myself they're used to seeing me....but seeing myself at the same time is ummm. .. .note my cuppa Tae. :cool:

I just can't get used to seeing myself. My family used to use Marco polo. I'd get these videos from them taken in their car on the way to appointments ......hair done, makeup, ...I'd get to the end and the camara would automatically flip to me....and it was usually a ...no way kinda moment.
I'm OK meeting and talking to people.....I just have to tell myself they're used to seeing me....but seeing myself at the same time is ummm. .. .note my cuppa Tae. :cool:

OMG yeah I totally read "Video Chat" and it went over my head. All I was thinking was "Where is our headset?"

I have headphones but our headset with a microphone... ¯\_( ͡❛ ͜ʖ ͡❛)_/¯

None of us are dressed up for the chat lol. I sometimes don't even brush my hair. And I'm often interrupted by children. It's mum life, we all get it.
And for what it's worth, I don't wear makeup at all, ever. I already look very young (had someone the other day tell me I could be 18), and makeup makes me look even younger, like a child. I can count on one hand the number I've times I wore makeup since I got married, and that's including our wedding.
Anyway, with the Brave chat, you can change the view, so you can see everyone the same size, or see everyone else bigger and you a little square in the corner. I think there's other options too, I just can't remember what they are.

I totally understand! I hate pictures of myself (and video). Just to let you know everyone usually comes "as they are" which is usually pretty casual for most. I do try and brush my hair before video chat though. :)

I totally understand! I hate pictures of myself (and video). Just to let you know everyone usually comes "as they are" which is usually pretty casual for most. I do try and brush my hair before video chat though. :)
Maybe next time. That's a day that hubby is usually running bids.. .and the secretary goes with. I hold the home front down. Easy to forget to start dinner early. In other words excuses could be had. Lol

I don’t like seeing myself either and definitely felt better seeing that we all keep it casual 🙂

We are doing a typing Chat tonight if anyone wants to join in!

I was busy shearing sheep....and then stitching up our big guardian dog's leg after he got hit by a car.
Like we weren't busy enough with the goat that went down from a Thiamine deficiency. Or the new set of triplet goat kids born late last night.
We have lost animals to this (Polioencephalomalacia) before,
thinking it was tetanus. Now we know how to treat it.

Never a dull moment!

20240416_182541.jpg

Last edited:
Never a dull moment!
I get you! Nothing can ever happen one thing at a time. Our washing machine broke, my favourite mother bunny died, my first time momma bunny refuses to nurse her babies, and many more crazy or tragical things happened all in the same week.
Now I'm hand nursing five very resistant baby bunnies.
But they are cute

Attachments

• IMG_20240416_154849.jpg
    IMG_20240416_154849.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
Back