• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Laughter the best medicine

sweetlissa

Real Person
Female
Many of us "Old Folks" (those over 50, WAY over 50, or hovering
near 50) are quite confused about how we should present ourselves.

We are unsure about the kind of image we are projecting and
whether or not we are correct as we try to conform to current
fashions. Despite what you may have seen on the streets,the
following combinations DO NOT go together And should be avoided:

1. A nose ring and bifocals
2. Spiked hair and bald spots
3. A pierced tongue and dentures
4. Miniskirts and support hose
5. Ankle bracelets and corn pads
6. Speedo's and cellulite
7. A belly button ring and a gall bladder surgery scar
8. Unbuttoned disco shirts and a heart monitor
9. Midriff shirts and a midriff bulge
10. Bikinis and liver spots
11. Short shorts and varicose veins
12. Inline skates and a walker

And last , but not least

13. Thongs and Depends

Not to pick on the elderly, but Lissa's funny made me think of this joke. :)

There are three old ladies living together. One of them, Ethel, says, "I'm going to go take a bath!" So she goes upstairs, draws the bath, starts to get in and stops half way to pick up the sponge then stops, confused, muttering, "Was I getting in or getting out?"

While she's pondering this time passes and her friends start to wonder what's happened. Francis finally says, "I'm going to see what's taking Ethel so long!" She proceeds to go up the stairs, stopping to pick up a book left on one of the steps. She then says to herself, "Wait, was I going up or coming down?"

The last lady, Doris, just shakes her head sadly and says, "Knock on wood I'm not like them! Now was that the front door or the back?"

I was looking for an amusing story to open my sermon tomorrow and quite accidently came across this gem that caused me to laugh out loud, given the topic close to all our hearts, and had to share it with everyone.

A little boy was attending his first wedding. After the service, his cousin asked him, "How many women can a man marry?"

"Sixteen," the boy responded.

His cousin was amazed that he had an answer so quickly. "How do you know that?"

"Easy," the little boy said. "All you have to do is add it up, like the Bishop said: 4 better, 4 worse, 4 richer, 4 poorer"

I am sure that this has been around for ages, but it was the first time I had seen it. May everyone have a blessed day and as Nathan so appropriately put it under the “Prayer Request” section, may we seek for the things that build one another up, in prayer, and encouragement, and yes in doctrinal truth.

Ray

Back