• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Lesson I Have learned In Plural Marriage (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeneKennedy

I have been married a total of 13 years and I will tell you that the addition of another wife recently has been a blessing in ways more than I could ever hope or imagine. Now at this point I can hear all the people that may be reading this saying, "This sounds too good to be true and this family must have problems." Now to that, I say this is your first lesson.

Tell me what family doesn't have problems, monogamous, polygynous, God's family and so on. The first lesson is that a husband that has a Committed Covenant Mindset sees problems in the home as tools to help him understand what God goes through with His family. It is a wonderful time where a Godly man looks to God's Word and asks the question, "Lord how do you handle your Church when they act like this?" Remember this, husband, in Ephesians 5 you are told to be "Christ" in the home and wives are commanded to submit to there husbands in everything, as they would Christ himself, (if you don't believe me look it up).

Yesterday, I got a call from one of my wives and she was explaining to me that she was upset and it was my fault, because of what I had said. Now, with some more reassuring her of my feelings about her, as a wife and mother I found out that this was not the real issue. The real issue was what my other wife had said to her.

So, at that point I was not happy and very angry at what I heard. So I went to my 1st wife gently and asked if she had said the things that her sister wife had said, and when I found out that this was true, I told her that I was very unhappy because we are family and we treat family with love.

John 15:12 ESV
"This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

Romans 12:10 ESV
Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.

John 13:35 ESV
By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another."

Now as you see above, if I am to be Christ to my wives and kids, then these attitudes in these verses is the heart I want them to display to each other because as I follow Christ they should be able to follow me, and the heart of my family should be the same as Christ's family, because, I as the husband should have the same heart about family as Christ. Are you now starting to see why it is so important for husbands to be the leaders, that God has called them to be in their homes?

So now my wives know that my heart for them is to "Love one another with brotherly/sisterly affection. Outdoing one another in showing honor," now because that had failed I needed to find out what God has His family do when they violate this command of the Lord our God.

Matthew 18:15 ESV
If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother.

Matthew 18:21-22
Then Peter came up and said to him, "Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?" Jesus said to him, I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven.

Now back to my story, I told my wife that I was disappointed in her actions and that I wanted her to go to her sister as the verses say above and admit her sins and ask forgiveness. Then I also told her that when they were done talking I wanted a call back from both of them, on speaker phone to speak with them at the same time.

Now, I know that you want to know what happened. So, about a hour later, I wondered if one wife had dispatched the other wife and was burying the evidence, but when I called, I heard this sound like they were crying and I said to myself "God, what is happing and how am I going to deal with this". But as I gave my ears a few seconds to listen it was not crying I heard, but laughter. So now the speech that I have been working on in my mind was now, not needed and there was peace in my home, because they had followed the lord of the home, as I the lord of the home followed the Lord of Lords.

Hebrews 10:18 ESV
Where there is forgiveness of these, there is no longer any offering for sin.

Finishing Thoughts:
Now I know that the Lord Christ can teach these lessons to anyone, in any situation, but without living out polygyny, I do not believe that it would be as possible and beneficial to all of us as much .

I have learned how I should act toward my brothers and sisters in Christ, more because I see it lived out in my wives and I have front row seats to see how it works.

I have learned the love of Christ for each of us is wonderful, as I love both of my wives.

I have learned that Christ wants his commands followed and it is a serious thing to Him,
and my wives have learned forgiveness, submission, lordship of their husband, and the joy when they follow the Lord of Lords, words in a real life way

Re: Lesson I Have learned In Plurar Marrage (Part 1)

I would like to nominate this post for The Best of the Forums!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back