• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Liking from the Outside

Sons of Issachar

Real Person
Male
Are you allowed to "Like" something that is in a forum you are not to post in?

Yes happens all the time.

Actually I just noticed the Like link is missing in forums that I can not reply in. So it seems you can't.

OK now I see that it is there in some but not others. I guess if you see the like link then you can go ahead and use it.

There should only be the ladies and under 25 section that you’re not allowed to post in. The like button should still be below every comment but the reply button shouldn’t.
I see the Like link in Ladies but not in Under 25

You can't like anything in the under 25s section unless you're under 25. Apparently someone wasn't happy about it so FollowingHim removed the option.
Someone found it unsettling to have older folk liking their stuff as it didn't feel like they were just talking to the younger ones, so I just removed that, it had no purpose anyway so if it was bothering someone may as well switch it off. Doesn't really matter either way. The ladies don't complain when we like their stuff so I've left that available.

Someone found it unsettling to have older folk liking their stuff
And rightly so.....

(Just a throwback that probably hardly anyone will get.)

Teenagers especially are already so beset by unfamiliar hormones, bodies that don't even come close to resembling what they were formerly accustomed to see in the mirror, and an onslaught of pressure to conform that some of us have difficulty remembering and that has been exponentially exacerbated by social media that they don't need concerning themselves with whether or not they're getting the approval of adult strangers heaped on top of all that.

Back