• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

List of Polygyny Supporting Churches?

There is a branch of the Iglesias de Christos church in Missouri as I recall that support and practice polygyny.
They teach traditional skills to boys and girls.
The higher a man is in temple government the more wives he is required to have.

Just what I remember from talking with a woman long ago.

There is a branch of the Iglesias de Christos church in Missouri as I recall that support and practice polygyny.
They teach traditional skills to boys and girls.
The higher a man is in temple government the more wives he is required to have.

Just what I remember from talking with a woman long ago.
If I remember my cult research correctly, they are indeed a cult.

I remember someone telling me that a cult is best understood by how they treat someone who wants to leave and join a different church or faith. If they say see you later and wish you well then it's not a cult. If they cut your head off and dance around like monkeys in celebration of your death then it's a cult.

Islam comes to mind as probably the world's #1 cult.

Given the amount of conformity that extended to personal details of how they managed household and even marriage details I would agree with you completely!!

While I don't use the term 'church' - and we meet on Sabbath, not 'sun-god-day' ;)
our local and on-line fellowship in the southern Colorado Rockies certainly supports not only polygyny, but all of His Word as Written:

Shabbat Shalom Mesa Fellowship
In the Boondocks - near San Luis, Colorado 'on the mesa'.

Mostly, people join us via multiple live links, and then podcasts of teachings, via multiple sites. We often have special gatherings, such as Sukkot, and are blessed to have listeners/Paltalk room folks join us when they're within a few hundred miles for a visit...

Paltalk: "Walking Torah with Shabbat Shalom Mesa" room
- Erev Shabbat and Sabbath day

Also there's a discord room, and a shoutcheap live (audio) uplink:
http://cp3.shoutcheap.com:2199/start/lindcall/

Torah teachings from "Shabbat Shalom Mesa" are archived at multiple sites, including:
www.markniwot.com
www.waytozion.org (by teacher, and by year)
and
www.hebrewnationonline.com

Archives at this point go back quite a few years, and includes a large number of articles and teachings on polygyny specifically on the www.markniwot.com website.

All of the shows that are broadcast live via Hebrew Nation Radio on the web are also available live via a telephone link portal, and as podcasts after their first airing via the website.

mark@markniwot.com for more information

There are various Messianic groups that support or at least tolerate polygamy - it's not their focus, it's just something in the background that is also true. One example would be Your Arms To Israel, which has affiliates around the place - I can't guarantee all their affiliates are tolerant of polygamy as I don't know how close that "affiliation" is. They used to have an affiliated group in Australia though which I visited years ago and which was certainly supportive of polygamy, but they're not listed now so they may have dropped their affiliation for some reason, likely an unrelated theological disagreement.

It is much harder to find non-Messianic groups that openly accept polygamy. Messianics are in the process of intentionally rethinking everything, so they often rediscover polygamy as part of that process, meaning polygamy acceptance is more likely among such groups. There are heaps of individual Protestants who also accept polygamy, but they don't tend to group themselves together into polygamy-friendly congregations.

There are various Messianic groups that support or at least tolerate polygamy ...
...It is much harder to find non-Messianic groups that openly accept polygamy.
It's in fact a truism. You can't 'return to His torah' (t'shuvah) without accepting what He Wrote. I know of a few 'messianic' groups that are too spineless to openly come out and say it (the excuses are 'legion' - like, it's not His Best Plan, or Massah don'likeit) but none that actually walk what they talk won't at least admit the obvious -- because it's at the heart of what they claim: He didn't 'do away with' His own Word.

All,

Peace be unto you and we hope that all is well.

As mentioned at the retreat, thanks to the space given by Nathan, we are a "biblical family" truth supporting church (assembly/administration) in Atlanta and we support all truth as well.

So, you can add us to the list with and supporting Biblical Families in this truth in principal. And we look forward to learning more of how God is leading us into all truth and in sharing the love of God with you.

The church name is:

Spirit of Truth and Love
Sons of Jesus Christ
City of the Living God

Our website is www.cityofthelivinggod.com. (Also Facebook, Youtube )

We have several writings there on our Library of Truth page in progress including writings on Polygyny like "Trees of Righteousness" and "The leading of the Spirit of Truth concerning what is called Polygny"

We also have some videos of some of our services that you can "Listen/Watch" that we hope you will enjoy and be edified. (FYI: Most of the videos have not been shortened to just messages but have praise and worship service at the beginning. so you can just scroll through to the messages when you only want to listen to them. And for the record, looking forward to addressing, with love, other teachings as necessary in time and know that we may need that considering our diverse backgrounds.)

We have regular services on 1st Day (Sundays) @ 12:30am - 3p if you are available (except the 5th - we go on an outing when we can) and you are welcome to join us via Zoom here (https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81437628060). Hope to see you there sometimes.

You can also get access to our calendar with other links to services and activities by registering on our Faith Life (https://faithlife.com/city-of-the-living-god)

Again, everyone is always welcome to join us on zoom service or in person if you are in the Atlanta area.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions about us or need any assistance to know more.

"Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven!"

God bless!!

Last edited:
I remember someone telling me that a cult is best understood by how they treat someone who wants to leave and join a different church or faith. If they say see you later and wish you well then it's not a cult. If they cut your head off and dance around like monkeys in celebration of your death then it's a cult.
This is similar to a definition I read (I forget in which dictionary) which said a cult was a group with extremely strange beliefs, or a group which tries to have extreme isolation and control over its members.

Unfortunately it seems people tend to say the word "cult" for anything they think strange, but tend to hear the word "cult" and think of the extreme control and isolation part. As a result there is a completely unfounded tendency to associate anything strange with isolation and control. :rolleyes:

This is similar to a definition I read (I forget in which dictionary) which said a cult was a group with extremely strange beliefs, or a group which tries to have extreme isolation and control over its members.

Unfortunately it seems people tend to say the word "cult" for anything they think strange, but tend to hear the word "cult" and think of the extreme control and isolation part. As a result there is a completely unfounded tendency to associate anything strange with isolation and control. :rolleyes:
That's how some of my former friends and contacts reacted when they found out I had another wife; they accused me of joining a cult because, they said, polygamy is a common feature of cults. I asked for the name of the cult Abraham, Jacob, Gideon, David, and Solomon belonged to? All I'll say is, things didn't improve and we're no longer friends.

I asked for the name of the cult Abraham, Jacob, Gideon, David, and Solomon belonged to?
We don't attend church anywhere, not knowing of ANY that wouldn't show us the door as soon as we started talking. I know of no church that allows fellowship without adherence to whatever their doctrinal statement is. it sadly feels much like watching a murder and being unable to stop it, when you hear what some standing behind pulpits (pull pits) do to the word of YHWH.
And it isn't just polygyny! Romans 13 and other interesting passages cannot be discussed. It feels much like this.....
2hybdf.jpg

BUT the lack of joining a weird polygyny supporting church will not protect you from cult accusations. When my now sisterwife started spending Saturdays with our family she also extended the invite to our local (small) community hosting event to some of her family. She was admonished by a family member not to join cult ________(our last NAME!)

My husband is from a (quite) large family....and admittedly there were some wrong things that happened, but I'm sure that expressed attitude is part of why they have not been told yet........she did. :cool:

If we didn't claim the Bible .....and just said that this was polyamory.

If we had a politely sized (read small) family.

But I promise she was ALREADY our kind of weird.....well, except for the shared husband part.😵

Praise the Lord all!

Just want to let you know that we will be hosting a service called "Manifest the sons of God" tomorrow @ 6p - 8p.

It will be in-person and online via Zoom.

You are welcome attend in person if you are in the Atlanta area or online to observe and/or participate from wherever you are.

Please register here if you will be able to attend so we know to expect you.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you!

Praise the Lord all!

Just want to let you know that we will be hosting a service called "Manifest the sons of God" tomorrow @ 6p - 8p.

It will be in-person and online via Zoom.

You are welcome attend in person if you are in the Atlanta area or online to observe and/or participate from wherever you are.

Please register here if you will be able to attend so we know to expect you.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you!
Sounds like I need to plan a trip to visit, I travel from Texas to California but I sometime travel east.

Back