• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Little things I appreciate about my husband

Joleneakamama

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Female
After almost 22 years after we met, I have never regretted teaming up with this man.
He has been a wonderful husband and father. Our two oldest sons are grown, and I can look back at a lot of little things that their dad did over the years that encouraged them to step up and be men.
He has a knack for knowing what will encourage, and make a young man feel important, and grown up.

I remember once years ago, one of our boys had taken the initiative to clean off the concrete patio. He was scraping off the chicken poo, and then using a broom, and his dad, who had been watching from inside went out and gave him the big backpack blower to finish the job. It was a small thing, that made a young boy very happy. I remember too how he had our older boys dumping the dump truck, and hooking up trailers at a rather young age (early teens) and how that has paid off for them. They are really good at backing up trucks and equipment, having a lot of practice over the years in a low stress home environment.
This morning he just grabbed our 7 year old son, and said "Come help me back up to the trailer. You can tell me which way I need to go." That 'little rooster' just stood a bit taller heading out to help dad.
He has also taught them how to tackle repairs, and our oldest son thinks nothing of getting into a brake job, or replacing parts in an engine. With all the videos one can find online, there is little that cannot be done.

I guess I'm just thankful that my father in law was old fashioned, and always said he was raising men, not boys, because that view has been passed down to the next generation, and hopefully will continue. In this modern world old fashioned men are getting rare, and I am very happy that my sons have a good example, and a dad that is helping them find their way.

I am looking forward to January, and finding out if the new addition is a boy, or a girl. The girls here our really outnumbered, but I have no complaints about that. It is neat indeed watching boys grow into men.

Little things I appreciate about my husband....love the title @Joleneakamama....anyway I keep thinking about this post and how I should have said something when you posted this back in October. So here are some of the little things I love about my husband....the smile he gets when I bring him a cup of coffee, The way he speaks to our daughter and sons, The way he will take our youngest son (he is 4) from me when we are at church and he wants to be held during praise and worship, The way that he gets the kids to light up when he teaches them all manner of things, The way that people just know when he walks in and speaks that he is a believer that studies. I could go on and on but....I won't.

I love it when VV76 sings.... I’ve been told by some elderly women at our old church -when he sings it’s straight from heaven..he makes up the funniest songs.
He takes time to help the kids with their work and teaches life skills to our kids -with patience.
He’s crazy witty. The man can fix ANYTHING!! Which also causes our son to think he can too...(I let his dad deal with that:D)
I appreciate how he says ‘thank you’ when something is done for him-he shows and speaks appreciation (which is so encouraging). He likes my cooking and lights up when I make his favorite pie.
I’m so grateful I get to be part of his life, that he chose me and he’s entrusted me with his children...

Y'all are too cute, WLW and VV76! And JessicaP, Kevin sounds a lot like Zec. :) It is one of his points of pride and satisfaction to put the babies to sleep during church bouncing them with "the daddy leg." And also one of the biggest things that makes my heart swell is hearing the tenderness in his voice at times with the children. Man, oh man....

Reading this post again I would like to add something as well. One of the little things I really like about my hb is the care he shows me by driving home after having a dinner in a restaurant so I can enjoy a glass of wine... I feel so very special and loved when he does this...

Back