• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Support Looking for Advice

Bria

Real Person
Female
Hello,

My name is Bria, my husband and I have just begun looking for a second wife. Our journey began about 4 years ago when the realness of my hidden mental health concerns started creeping in. Things were pretty rough for awhile and my husband and I kept thinking about a live in nanny to help share house work.

I struggled with the thoughts and feelings of "I'm going to be replaced, I can't handle this, what if we get super close and then she just leaves and all that time and effort is gone!?!" So we stayed away from it flash forward 4 years of crazy spiritual growth and of back and fourth conversations about getting a live in nanny or not later we have arrived at looking for a second wife.

It has only been about a week and a half since we began diving deep into scriptures around this and we were shocked to find there is no law or forbidden element to Polygyny (that we have yet to find) but infact several men that are mentioned in the bible as "Godly" "Bible Hero" and/or "Incredibly blessed and cared for by God" were actually polygamists. So after this revelation here we are now looking at sister wives .

I have several questions that I will probably post in another forum. I can sometimes get easily overwhelmed and I like to be as private as possible which is why I am posting on the Ladies only forum. I just don't feel comfortable opening up to strange men AND women. So I will most likely just post here and hopefully that's okay ☺️

So my icebreaker question is How did you come across polygamy? And where are you in life? Are you searching it? Or Are you living it?

For those living in it any advice for a newbie like me?

My biggest concerns and questions will be on another page so please stay tuned!

Thank you!

Bria

Welcome Bria. I’m new here as well and have found BF to be a great comfort so I pray you will too. On Monday nights there is a ladies chat that you might also find helpful.
To answer your icebreaker, I was the one who came across the truth first over years but only recently brought it to my husband for his wisdom. I wanted to be a better Christian wife and grow in learning about how to submit better unto my husband. In both reading blogs and articles online and spending more time in Scripture, I came to realize my beliefs about polygyny. We are not searching but instead remain open should another join us. I see this time as strengthening and enjoying our marriage, growing in my faith and learning from others.

I came into this as a teenager. I'd experienced a trauma and was not comfortable dating boys/men or being alone with them. Then I saw the raid on the FLDS ranch in Waco and while everyone else was treating them like circus freaks what I saw were healthy families and mostly happy looking people. I also saw a lot of wives supporting each other.

I was totally NOT interested in the FLDS but I did start looking into poly and eventually met and joined my family. For me this was the perfect way to address my emotional problems and while it wasn't easy at the start it's now twelve years later and I can't imagine living any other way!

Welcome @Bria! So glad you shared a bit about your journey with us ladies. It was great to have you on Chat last Monday. I think the biggest advice I would give would to take things slow when you are talking to a potential and to continue to build a firm foundation with your husband. It sounds like you both have a good perspective on it all so far.

Welcome to Biblical Families, Bria!

I'm so glad you made the ladies chat. I'm hoping to be there next week, I look forward to chatting with you :).

How did you come across polygamy? And where are you in life? Are you searching it? Or Are you living it?

I've written our story up on here somewhere. Basically, hubby always knew it was ok, because he read the bible and couldn't find anywhere where it was wrong. We had several conversations about it, but the idea was that it was mostly a practical social welfare type thing for third world countries.
Until we found this site, lol. Then we realised that others were doing it, and succeeding, which was pretty awesome. It's been a journey, a lot of learning and growth, from the both of us. Our marriage has changed heaps.
We are open to God expanding our family with another wife. But we are not searching it. We're just leaving it up to God. To this date, hubby has never dated anyone, and we've been thinking about this for 9 1/2 years. It will happen when the time is right, and we are ok with that.

A little bit about us. My husband is Samuel (FollowingHim on the forum). We live in New Zealand, so sometimes I say weird things that I think are normal but no one else understands lol. We have 7 wonderful children. And life is chaotic!

Thank you for the Welcomes! It was really crazy the day before I found this site I was praying for finding people and then I found this site! I enjoy learning about other journeys and how people got to where they are today, so thank you for that!

Welcome! I hope this site will help you on your journey, it has helped me and still does! :)

I am a third wife and I was introduced to polygamy from the TV show “Seeking Sisterwife” My sister wives and myself all have a blog where dig deeper into our dynamic and our life if are ever interested in wanting to take a peak. :)
www.alongcamepoly.com

My journey to polygamy, turned into a journey of finding my faith as well. Before learning and researching poly, I had no faith. I have a long post all about that if you’re ever interested too, but it’s long! Lol https://alongcamepoly.com/?p=226

Poly can be the hardest thing you ever experience, whether it’s the journey of finding someone or actually living it, but it can also be the biggest blessing if you let it. I have found myself having needs filled that I never even knew existed and growing into a better servant every day. :)

Back