• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Love Triangles and Polygamy

Effective or ineffective meme?

• Effective

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Inneffective

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I'm not sure.

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
That is a really good point. As I was thinking about this thread over the last I realized this is a consequence of hierarchical competition. Workplaces, social media, schools; anywhere there is place for social competition we see this.

I see this in livestock all the time: they have a social hierarchy and are not adverse to violence to establish, maintain, or advance their place in it. Much like with humans in a school setting, the animal at the bottom of the hierarchy will be continually picked on. Ironically, it is those at the top which least partake.

But in the human hierarchy it is those women at the top who have the most to loose and who also set the standard for what is socially acceptable; which works against us.

When it comes to a love triangle, it is hard to lay down arms in that competition.

But I think the meme is still good even if flawed, as it let's people know there is another option.

Oh if your talking meme for meme, I too think it's a good one as created.

I have watched many episodes of Corrupt Crimes and there are plenty of shows that involve love triangles and they result in one of the people murdering someone. Do you all think that an acceptance of polygamy could reduce the need for jeolousy and murder in some of these situations? I know that no all of these situations are preventable but I think an open mind to polygamy might help.

I have watched many episodes of Corrupt Crimes and there are plenty of shows that involve love triangles and they result in one of the people murdering someone. Do you all think that an acceptance of polygamy could reduce the need for jeolousy and murder in some of these situations? I know that no all of these situations are preventable but I think an open mind to polygamy might help.

If polygamy is socially acceptable, people will be more open to the idea and will see it as a possible solution to these situation (instead of not even thinking of it). When the only tool in your toolbox is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

There is still the carnal flesh to wreck havoc. But that affect would be greatly tamped down as they no longer have society telling them that they were wronged. It takes the wind out of the sails of the one who would reject the idea. It might also strengthen the judicial deterrent as women would be less likely to get away with murder in those worst case situations, which in turn might make some perps think twice.

Not all, but some %.

Back