• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Love Your Wives!

Josh516

I just wanted to take a moment here, not to ask a question, but to put a point across that I find SO necessary to have in a Plural Marriage family. And that is the love of the husband towards his wives. More often than not, men abuse Plural Marriage and treat their wives poorly, or neglect them. I believe it is SO important that the husband consider each wives feelings and thoughts, and that he makes absolutely sure that their viewpoints are considered. Yes, I do fully believe that the man is the head of the house and he makes the final call in the decisions, but he should take counsel from his wives, who probably have just as much wisdom as the husband does if not more. Men, love your wives and make each one feel special in their own unique way!

I think it is wise to think about taking time to REALLY consider your wives and their thoughts/desires/needs. It is only too easy to let the tasks of the day, week, year get in the way of truly taking time to relate with each other. I, on the flip side, am challenging myself to not get caught up with my "home duties" (I don't work outside the home) and forget to do something considerate or just nice for my husband. It is very easy to get stuck thinking about all of my "stuff" and not look around to others close to me.

Hope for the future,
Julieb

I would agree with both of you. It is very important that each member of a family be paying attention to the wants and needs of the others. Relationships grow stagnant when we "forget" to pay attention to each other.

I guess I would rather be too careful and considerate than not be considerate enough. But the road goes many ways. When one party in a relationship does all the work, that one person often gets tired and discouraged. It is important to continue to encourage your husband by using words that show him how pleased you are when he goes out of his way for you. Likewise gentlemen, go out of your way to show appreciation to your mate(s) because these things reinforce behavior we enjoy. So if you like it when your husband calls you that special name, make sure he knows how you enjoy it. He will love to see your face light up when he does something that makes you happy.

None of this is sin and it is so easy to be loving and kind to each other. Especially when someone is going out of their way to be loving and kind to begin with.

I want to encourage every person reading these posts to take the time to NOT take your mate (or sister/wife) for granted. We have no guarantee of tomorrow.

SweetLissa

Guys...we as men and husbands need to remember those things that our wife / wives do not only while courting a future sisterwife, but in ALL they do.

THANKS AGAIN CHAPLAINS ROSE FOR ALL YOU DO AND FOR THOSE THINGS YOU DO TO HELP BRING "J" INTO THE FAMILY AND FOR ALLOWING ME TO LOVE HER.

Back