• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Mail Order Brides

The Duke Of Marshall

Real Person
Male
I was just wondering if anyone has any information on getting a mail order bride or has gotten a mail order bride before. Thanks in advance.

Hi Todd,

This is what it has come down to, ordering a bride by mail. I think it will be easier to switch to Mormon and move to Salt Lake City for a few years. :lol: Just playing with you. I wish you the best always. Jorge

lol, Yeah I know. I've just come to realize lately that I'm not as strong as I thought I was or that I want to be. And something's gotta change.

If you are saying what I think you are saying, then I will be praying for you and also asking God to provide a wife for you, and to strenghthen you in your inner man. What other ways have you been using to find a wife?

Hi Todd,

I sent you an email. You should try http://www.sisterwives.net, and http://www.soulfulharmony.com. At soulfulharmony.com you have to pay a yearly membership but you will find plenty of single Christian women interested in a plural/Biblical marriage. Also, placing an ad in Craigslist is a free way that might help you get in contact with some interested women. I placed an ad in Salt Lake City and I am currently getting to know a good Christian woman that read my ad. You just need to advertise yourself, and let interested good Christian women know who you are, and what you are looking for. And of course always pray for God to help you and guide you. Best of luck. Jorge

Todd,

I know this was awhile ago but it caught my eye. I have one friend that did this that had stellar results and then I knew a guy who worked for my parents that did this and ended up in jail on a bogus claim while his wife emptied the accounts took a flight to another city and left him hurting financially for awhile. I feel for you and I hope the outlook has improved. If this was your final option I would have to say look at the Chinese or Filipino sites for this. Both societies are more open to this and often the women that advertise through those sites tend to be more educated. Both groups have women (More in the Philippines; China has some but most are Buddhist) who are often devoutly Christian and families are open to them marrying American men more than most. Although I haven't used these services I'm very familiar with both cultures (and a few others) My first language was Filipino (I spent my formative years with a Filipino woman) and my wife is Chinese. I have been to several parts of Asia and in general they are very good people and open to Gods word when they haven't been exposed to it. If you want anymore information just let me know and I'll be happy to share. I believe I am being called to move to China and my wife and I plan on looking there for a sisterwife.

With Gods Love,
Patrick

I married a Philippine woman and she is the best maybe I can help if you want me to anwers any ????? I just dont like to call the Mail Order Brides!
Jodie

when i think of mail order brides i always think of dilbert, when wally got a mail order bride that turned out to be an elbonian pig in a whig. I think that meeting women from another country is a great idea, but i think the term mail order bride is inacurate and possibly offensive to some. First off you can't simply have some hot woman from russia, africa, asia, etc sent here to marry you anymore ( i already checked with customs lol) you have to go there and meet her. Secondly getting a woman in to the country from the third world is not that easy.

I do have some ideas and suggestions though. Hmm i always have ideas and suggestions huh

1. If you are active duty military ...go over seas. I am sure you can meet lots of women that would like to marry a US serviceman,

2. Mission work if possible.

3. Maybe we could ban together and AS A CHURCH GROUP import some women. I mean clergy( missionary) visas are not that hard to get. Maybe we could sponsor half a dozen or so like minded women to come to the country for a few months, introduce them around and if they meet husbands great. if not at least we did some outreach that will have benefits to out movement.

4. Many women from other countries are from cultures where our practice of polygamy is not as far from the norm as it is here( plus face it guys girls from other countries are SMOKIN' HOT i mean the accents YEA) and have more traditional values. Many of these women are SINGLE and also visit the USA all the time. Maybe there is a way to meet those gals? I dunno just a thought.

Also if you are like me, in Texas , Mexico and the west indies are not too far away for a vacation. I am single and prefer black women so i am thinking about trinidad, jamaica or something like that very soon. I could use a wing man.

Any thoughts?

Just one that is single but she in the Philipines. They are very nice women they wine dine you and you can still keep them.
jodie

I've heard a lot of good things about Filipino women, and since I'm seeking a sisterwife, I'm actively looking in that area. They have a strong Christian faith, and have known adversity (it's a very poor country, following decades of misrule). But many of the websites are either out of date or bogus, in my opinion, so you need to be careful, and take your time.

Don

I should add that I also dislike the term mail order bride. Makes it sound like they are being purchased.

Don

I don't suggest you work with websites on that. There's a higher chance of getting used that way. I suggest you go to there yourself if you want to find someone. I would suggest you stay away from the big city girls though. More western attitudes and such. I suggest the more country areas. (I haven't done this myself, but I have researched and talked to some.)

Also, over the internet I tend to find a lot of shallow happiness and not much connection in understanding when trying to talk to Asian girls, including Filipinos. The lack of connection seems to me to be more of a language barrier though. In person would probably work much better.

Of course, the idea would be to go there in person, but this is not always possible. But I have been to Manila and Cebu in the Philippines (where, I must say, they speak excellent English - no real language barrier there). But there are cultural barriers, not least a history of exploitation by westerners, so you can hardly blame them if they are initially suspicious and justifiably wary.

Speaking is one thing... writing and reading is another. Like I said... probably no language barriers in person.

blitziod said:
Also if you are like me, in Texas , Mexico and the west indies are not too far away for a vacation. I am single and prefer black women so i am thinking about trinidad, jamaica or something like that very soon. I could use a wing man.
I share your taste in women. I just married a "smokin' hot" Jamaican woman last year and I couldn't be happier - she is my Queen. I met her on a Christian website and we hit it off. She's not thrilled with the idea of polygyny, but she knows that I will take my first wife back if she decides she wants to return to me one day and quit being an adulteress. My first wife is also from the West Indies. What is it about those women that is sooooo amazing? :?:

I can't help you with the "wing man" thing, as I'm not looking for more at this point in my life. I must admit though that the thought of it is fun!

Can someone explain to me what a "wing man" is? I never heard the term.

Don

Well to tell the turth about overseas women is that they are like the american was 50 years ago not saying thier not good USA women just not as many as 25-30 years ago. if you do women any women always pray about it.
Jodie

Back