• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Many Voices Calling For Our Attention

A

Anonymous

I recently came across a web-site from a local Scottsdale, AZ veterinarian and real estate agent. As I investigate it (http://www.thelordstruth.com) I find it is merely a site to plug the authors book, Don't Be Deceived, Here's The Truth About God by Alex Casuccio. In his plug the author ridicules all churches and preachers and purports that he has found the real truth (typical of cult leaders) and he is willing to share it with you (if you buy the book). ;) Alex says that people have been misled by teachers and seminarians and that they should read and study for themselves. By all means, we should, but then he is gracious enough to sell you his book so that he can show you how to know the truth. Looks to me like another charlatan who has called others charlatans to corner a larger share of the con man's market.
Alex repeatedly says that God tells us not to follow men, but in this he is in error and he is working to get others to follow him. God instructed Israel to follow Moses. Paul told NT believers to follow him as he followed Christ. We are cautioned to "not be many masters". True, there are many false teachers among us, but we must beware to not throw the baby out with the bathwater. We are to study to show ourselves approved unto God, but we needn't re-invent the wheel every time we read the Book.
There are many voices calling out to us in the melee of humanity. It is important to have our foundation on the Word and in the Spirit of God, to keep from being deceived.

YAWCL.

Yet Another Wannabe Cult Leader.

Very true, John ! Thanks for posting this !

Blessings,
Fairlight

PICL - particularly impertinent cult leader?
TICL - temporarily insensible cult leader?
FICL - fluctuating interpretations cult leader?

ylop

Dear future people who will be sucked into my web of lies,

I have the answers, and no one else does. I have a secret, and if you want to know it, send me $19.95...that way it will stay a secret, but you will know it too.

Churches stink. Preachers stink. Denominations stink.

I don't stink. Listen to me.

Buy my book.

Wink,

Doc

P.S. Order now, and get TWO of my secrets for only $49.95. Limited time offer!

DocInMO said:
I have the answers, and no one else does.

Can I move to your compound, give you my wife, dress in camo held up by paracord, listen to you preach for hours on end, become malnourished, and go out in an FBI induced blaze? Please? :roll: :twisted:

(For our non-USA members, a joking reference to David Koresh and the FBI siege at Waco, Texas around 20 years ago.)

You should all know that Doc does not have all the answers, I do.

So send me $14.95 (cash only, please) and I will tell you how to go to hell while thinking you are on your way to heaven.

BTW, I'm looking for sales people who will dress funny and go door-to-door telling my lies and selling my book. You don't have to believe my lies in order to qualify, but if you do believe them, your already paltry commissions will be cut in half for being so stupid.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:​

Churches stink. Preachers stink. Denominations stink.

I don't stink. Listen to me.
hey, three out of four ain't bad ;)

steve, the denominationaly challenged

Back