• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

marriage

creed

Hi all, am new here and enjoy the forums. I would like to seek some wisdom with regards to my wife who a week ago has moved out and is staying with a friend, she has just moved back to New Zealand here after spending four months over in Australia which didnt quite work out for her. I'll cut to the chase, she has an addiction problem to drugs which led her to drinking and partying which in turn led to constant arguments etc between us. As of 15yrs ago we both were attending a local church until I caught her with drugs and so started issues of trust,betrayal and the like. So I kicked her out as i could not put up with it any longer,after about 18months we tried reconciling but nothing changed so I asked her to leave again hence her decision to go to Australia. When she came back she started hanging around her druggy mates again and because I refused to allow her to use my car she flew off into a rage ,went and hire purchased car and moved out. Hey guys what are your thoughts am I justified in divorcing this women? in which I have to wait 16 more months legally, I have not read to many situations as mine where a former partner was a believer but I guess they arent any longer. Personally a Godly women would be the ultimate for me, should I stay married to this women but living apart,then enter into a relationship with a godly women? as I totally agree with having more then one wife.
thanks

I am so sorry you are dealing with this. I know this has to be tough.

As far as your questions, basically read 1 Corinthians 7. In that you'll find your answer. You lady is living like an unbeliever and if she chooses to leave then Apostle Paul says it is not sin to let the unbeliever leave.

If you would like to discuss this further outside of the public forum then feel free to private message me or email me drkrallen@biblicalfamilies.org

Hey cool,thanks for that I do no the chapter and have read it at various times, but reading it the other day seemed to make sense.cheers

Back