• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Masculinity website

MemeFan

Seasoned Member
Male
I have found interesting substack on masulinity. Topic is mostly as per thread title, but there are other interesting things.

Here are some highlights. I will update this if I find something more.

Last edited:
I have found interesting substack on masulinity. Topic is mostly as per thread title, but there are other interesting things.

Here are some highlights. I will update this if I find something more.

Thanks for sharing these, @MemeFan.

Later, I'll write a specific critique of Renn's essay on abortion opposition, but, after reading every word of each essay whose links you shared, I'm done with Renn. He misrepresents the viewpoints of several other people and paints groups with whom he disagrees with a broad brush. The worst thing, though, is that he engages in micro Hegelian dialectic within macro Hegelian dialectic; the Complementarianism article was particularly confounding in this regard. Renn waits until over halfway through his essay to acknowledge that both Egalitarianism and Complementarianism were invented less than half a century ago, which would have been a nifty fact to mention in the beginning when he was portraying them as the only true real options for Masculinity within Christian marriages. Neither comport entire with Scripture but instead reflect their creators' insufficient reaction to feminism, reflecting Christendom's historical insufficient reaction to its having been commandeered by the pagans who hijacked it less than 500 years following Christ's Resurrection with the tangible intent to infuse it with a spirit within which wives would be able to dominate their husbands.

Thanks for sharing these, @MemeFan.

Later, I'll write a specific critique of Renn's essay on abortion opposition, but, after reading every word of each essay whose links you shared, I'm done with Renn. He misrepresents the viewpoints of several other people and paints groups with whom he disagrees with a broad brush. The worst thing, though, is that he engages in micro Hegelian dialectic within macro Hegelian dialectic; the Complementarianism article was particularly confounding in this regard. Renn waits until over halfway through his essay to acknowledge that both Egalitarianism and Complementarianism were invented less than half a century ago, which would have been a nifty fact to mention in the beginning when he was portraying them as the only true real options for Masculinity within Christian marriages. Neither comport entire with Scripture but instead reflect their creators' insufficient reaction to feminism, reflecting Christendom's historical insufficient reaction to its having been commandeered by the pagans who hijacked it less than 500 years following Christ's Resurrection with the tangible intent to infuse it with a spirit within which wives would be able to dominate their husbands.
After reading your post I figured out that author never mentioned patriarchy for marriage. I don't remember.

He is good for some principles like don't live for lies and similar.

I didn't know that Church anti-male bias is over 200 years old. Maybe bias come first before and created feminism movement?

Maybe bias come first before and created feminism movement?
Exactly. More accurately, it's mostly a matter of anti-male and anti-human bias on the part of ruling-class males and the ruling-class females who have always prodded on the institution of tyranny.

Back