• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Mathematically Challenged Christians

CecilW

Real Person
Male
Ever notice how many folks appeal to texts decrying DIVORCE as theological justification for their opposition to PLURAL MARRIAGE?

'Tis truly a problem of simple mathematics. The first is about DIVISION. The second is about ADDITION.

These are not the same operations, as any 3rd grader knows. :roll: And God has a clear problem with one, while advocating the other.

Sadly, Christian theology appears to be severely mathematically challenged in this regard. :?

Perhaps with a bit of tutoring from us geeks ... :ugeek:

And that's when they blurt out, "We're not under the law!"
Doesn't make sense to me either.

You're right. Addition is always called a blessing from God, and Division has always been distained by Him.

However, God also had a problem with kings doing multiplication... though that more for the reason of "K" which was previously equal to "h" becoming equal to "u" by multiplying with "g", thereby upsetting the Mathemetician, who then takes 5/6 of "k" and makes it "I", changing the remaining "k" into "J". That, just so happens, to end up in a downward spiral where both "J" and "I" in becoming equal to "u" and are square rooted repeatedly until both numbers become equal to zero. However, the Mathemetician, not to be outdone, takes the remainder of his operations and makes them equal to "h".

And the rest is history.

I knew it! There must be a mathematic symbol for sarcasm somewhere. It would help me sum up some of my statements!

I knew it! There must be a mathematic symbol for sarcasm somewhere.

How 'bout the standard ending line for math proofs, - "QED"...

Some like the Latin, but the English claim that it is "Quite Easily Done" seems to make the sarcasm point in many cases. ;)

*CHEERING* QED it is! Excellent. Awesome.

The only way i even passed math on my GED is because my dear sweet hubby isnt mathematically challenged like his wife!!
:roll:

WOW. I think we should make this the centerpiece of our non-Biblical argument for polygamy. Get it bound in a stern-looking hard cover book, and pass it out to naysayers with an air of inevitability. Memorize tidbits and throw them out, like:

Bergstrom.JPG

Then sit back and watch them start to twitch as they look thru the book: "Err, OK, nevermind. Take your 2.8739451 wives and go in peace."
(That's right, I did the math.)

And, OH! Q.E.D.

" ... "
" ... "
" ... "
" ... "
(Notice that I'm completely speechless! Treasure it while it lasts!) :?
(And Nathan, as we all know, making me speechless is !QED ) :lol:

Nathan,
I did not know you were such a genius. Or such a comic. Cecil, I must say the silence is becoming to you. I am enjoying it very much.

This has to be the funniest thread ever (even funnier than the 50's article about a "good wife") and I admire Sadan for coming up with the original math formulas. You are good.

Thanks all for the laughs.

SweetLissa

sweetlissa said:
Cecil, I must say the silence is becoming to you. I am enjoying it very much.

" ... "
" ... "
" ... "
" ... "
*crushed* :cry: 1+1=2; 2+2=4; 4+4=8 ...

Pickin' on Cecil... the nerve of some people.

Hey, you do what I do! 1+1=2, 2+2=4, 4+4=8, 8+8=16...

You been figurin' IP addresses, Cecil?

sweetlissa said:
and I admire Sadan for coming up with the original math formulas. You are good.
It be what I do, ma'am. :mrgreen:

You should see some of my more... interesting... calculations pertaining to this subject. :ugeek:

Math riddle.
(not saying let's all join a commune)

If you have 3 men and 3 women living in a commune somewhere out west. It is free love and no one (at least in California) cares.

One of the men goes home to Iowa. That leaves 2 men and 3 women. It is still self-expression and freedom and the authorities yawn.

One more man departs to take care of his family back in Arkansas. That leaves three women and one man living together. Now at what point are these results not acceptable. Where did freedom leave the equation?

good one, welltan
finally, some math that i can keep up with :geek:

welltan said:
That leaves three women and one man living together. Now at what point are these results not acceptable. Where did freedom leave the equation.

There should be no confusion about this. The parameters are clear. It's all a matter of NAME CALLING. It becomes unacceptable the MOMENT a second one calls him "Hubby". Alternatively, the MOMENT he states commitment to a second one of them.

Paul (the Apostle) talked about doing good and said, "Against such there is no law." He didn't live in the United States of Atheism.

I wish that I could sign this post as Sir BumbleBerry, but he says it is too serious, accurate, and sad for him. *sigh*

Back