• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Memorial Day: No Greater Love than to Lay Down One's Life

Dr. K.R. Allen

Real Person
A Memorial Day Expression of Gratitude

As we move into the American cultural celebration known as Memorial Day I want to stop and reflect on all of those in any field of life where they give of their life and time to serve others in the defense of their life, liberty, property, and freedom to pursue happiness. The Lord God said while walking on earth: "Greater love has no one than this, that someone lays down his life for his friends" (John 15:13). The Lord's apostle too said, "for one will scarcely die for a righteous person--though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die" (Rom. 5:7).

To our military at both the state and federal levels I thank you for being willing to sacrifice your life, time, energy, and resources to defend the lives of people in this land. Too, though not historically always recognized with Memorial Day, I want to say thank you to any and all law enforcement officers who exercise their authority to defend people's liberty, life, and property. In both categories these people are often placed in circumstances where they place their lives on the line to defend another's life. In some instances officers in both categories even lay their lives down for those who are even in opposition to the very defense they receive from the ones serving.

Thank you to any and all who serve to defend. I pray that the Lord gives you a special blessing in some unique way. I am grateful, thankful, and humbled to live in a land where generally we can live in peace due to the ready and willing defenses we have from those who are sacrificial with their own lives for the good of other lives.

Re: Memorial Day: No Greater Love than to Lay Down One's Lif

from the bottem of my heart i join you in that salutation :)

As do I. Having had the privilege of seeing first hand what our soldiers go through for us and others has been indeed transformational.

Thank you for remembering them, Keith, and reminding us of their sacrifice.

God bless our military and their families.

Words are nice, action is better.

Go to your local school and inquire if there are military children enrolled - if so, secretly make a donation for the child's lunch...that would be a huge help to a family.

Donate books/magazines to the USO and/or the VA hospital.

Coordinate a church drive of needed supplies for donation to our troops.

God bless us all.

Back