• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Merry Christmas to all!

pebble

Hello,

I've already spent 2 Christmases with BF and I've wondered how it's not a big thing here. No, I don't want to debate or go scriptural on it. I just want to share how we spent Christmas.

Following a tip from FollowingHim (no pun intended), we only had a very simple dinner with a birthday cake for YaHshua as the centerpiece. We had a talk, actually I was doing most of it. It was an opportunity to share about Him. I opted to use His Hebrew name because I wanted to emphasize it's meaning"YHWH is Salvation" or "YHWH Saves."

It might not be His real birth date.

The neighbors were partying.

The youngest member of our family, a puppy,was doing its best to distract us by pooing at the most inappropriate moment and dragging his feeding bowl around.

But we were there to remember and celebrate the birth of our Savior.

No matter what other people may think or say, we did what we did for His honor, for the glory of God.

So... Merry Christmas. May this season bring peace,love, and joy to everyone.

Thankyou Pebble. I think everyone here is either too busy celebrating Christmas to write about it, or doesn't celebrate it so wouldn't write about it, either way little goes on the forum! :D We did a lot of Bible-themed decoration making with the chidren in the run-up to Christmas (google "truth in the tinsel"), and had a breakfast Bible study and prayer time on the day - before heading to the usual extended family present-focussed get-together. So we got the right focus into the kids first anyway! Good on you with your approach.

And Merry Christmas to all from New Zealand!

Back