• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Michael Tree guy from PA

Michaeltreeguy

Hello fellow Christians. Intro: I am Michael 43yr old husband of one wife Camille, 5 children, 4 of them living. I am a retired RN after doing that for 13yrs and now run a small tree service company called Umbergers Tree Service in PA. I love making my own schedule and my work is challenging and rewarding. Life is good and I have no complaints per say. Just am being pulled deeper into the truths of the Word. I aim to pass on the truths to my boys so they can become great kingdom builders with Christ. Lord willing. We are all active. We do Jiu Jitsu, water skiing, hunting camping and races such as spartan and tuff mudders. My oldest son wants to be a professioinal MMA fighter and it may just happen. Please pray for me and my wife as these patriarchal truths are difficult for her to accept and it has caused stress.
I hope to be sharpened by some strong males on this space and wonder how my wife could benefit without smashing to much info at her all at once.
As far as theology goes I am more of a Calvinist, I am a postmillennialist, and hope by children's children get to see a theocracy reestablished someday. Anyway thanks for the feedback anyone may have.
God's law not Mans!!

Welcome!
I believe that a worldwide theocracy is what is scheduled for the Millennium. 😊

Welcome! Glad you found the place!

Welcome!

Hi Michael, welcome to Biblical Families. It's great you found us and more than a few here understand the challenges you face with having your wife accept these biblical truths. BTW, I'm a biblicist, not an arminianist or calvinist. In spite of our differences here we all try to get along. Cheers

Hi Michael, welcome to Biblical Families. It's great you found us and more than a few here understand the challenges you face with having your wife accept these biblical truths. BTW, I'm a biblicist, not an arminianist or calvinist. In spite of our differences here we all try to get along. Cheers
Cheers

Hello fellow Christians. Intro: I am Michael 43yr old husband of one wife Camille, 5 children, 4 of them living. I am a retired RN after doing that for 13yrs and now run a small tree service company called Umbergers Tree Service in PA. I love making my own schedule and my work is challenging and rewarding. Life is good and I have no complaints per say. Just am being pulled deeper into the truths of the Word. I aim to pass on the truths to my boys so they can become great kingdom builders with Christ. Lord willing. We are all active. We do Jiu Jitsu, water skiing, hunting camping and races such as spartan and tuff mudders. My oldest son wants to be a professioinal MMA fighter and it may just happen. Please pray for me and my wife as these patriarchal truths are difficult for her to accept and it has caused stress.
I hope to be sharpened by some strong males on this space and wonder how my wife could benefit without smashing to much info at her all at once.
As far as theology goes I am more of a Calvinist, I am a postmillennialist, and hope by children's children get to see a theocracy reestablished someday. Anyway thanks for the feedback anyone may have.
God's law not Mans!!
Welcome and prayers for you and your family….

Welcome!

Welcome!
Our crew also does tree service out here in Arid-zona. It's the kind of work that takes MEN and makes MEN! ( Imho.)

Our older sons are all capable and strong, in part from that work.

Just give your wife lots of love and time. I was the less common sort of first wife that was positive about the idea from the start. It is a lot to wrap a mind around and pressure and/or rushing the process may be counterproductive.

Our 9 children were raised with the idea and all readily accepted my husband's new wife when she became family almost 2 years ago. It's really just more family to love and for me it has been a sweet answer to the prayer of my heart. It will be interesting to see how life goes in marriage for our children. We have two married and another serious about someone.
I hope your wife will consider visiting here....or perhaps attending the family retreat with you if you can. Families like ours are only weird in minds that have never seen such a thing. Our daughter (married this past March) had a young sister in law that didn't know what to think about my husband having a second wife....and another child. She thought it would be weird ....but after being around us all for about a week decided it wasn't weird....it seemed NORMAL! LOL
Now she is serious about her new sis in law's older brother. ....even though he believes in polygyny (and will not make monogamy only vows)
It is still hard to imagine....until you meet someone that fits. Than it's as easy as deciding to marry was in the first place....and just as natural.

Hope you are all blessed by being here!

Shalom and welcome.

God's law not Mans!!
Welcome fellow tree man! I been in the industry climbing for 7 years! Peace and blessings from OK!

Back